Took me more than a year to make this compilation for the Sabbat clans (the first post was on music I relate to the specific Camarilla clans):
- Brujah antitribu — Highway to Hell by AC/DC
- Gangrel antitribu (City Gangrel) — Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
- Lasombra — Princes of the Universe by Queen (disregard the Highlander theme, listen to the music/lyrics)
- Malkavian antritribu — Firestarter by The Prodigy
- Nosferatu antitribu — Would you love a Monster Man by Lordi
- Toreador antitribu — Sweet Dreams by Marilyn Manson
- Tremere antitribu — Sympathy for the Devil by the Rolling Stones
- Tzimisce — Engel by Ramstein
- Ventrue antitribu — This Corrosion by Sisters of Mercy
.. when Carlak is targeted by a Banishment, he will receive blood (according to his special ability), if one or more players have cast votes against the referendum, before he is moved to the uncontrolled region? The reason is that Carlak’s special ability (that he receives the blood) is checked when votes are tallied, that is before the effects of a referendum are applied.
V:EKN Design Team has released new information on the Danse Macabre expansion (or lack therefore). Here’s the full information:
We figured we’d give you all an update and explain the lack of sneak previews and lack of release information for Danse Macabre. As you’ve probably expected, it’s related to the ongoing negotiations amongst OneBookShelf, Hasbro, and CCP. Because the respective licenses have not yet been signed, we are under advisement to not publicly post the Danse Macabre material. This means no sneak previews and no .pdf release until we’re given the green light by the parties involved.
The Red List in the World of Darkness is a group of vampires (or other supernatural creatures) that have been deemed so dangerous by the Camarilla, that it requires its members to hunt down and destroy them. The term Anathema is usually used for all vampires which are subject to a Blood Hunt, but sometimes the term is also used for the vampires on the Red List only. On the other hand, Alastors are on the other hand the vampires entrusted by the Camarilla to hunt to vampires on the Red List. An Alastor can claim a Trophy for the destruction of an Anathema, e.g. major clan boons, allowance to make progeny or being taught a specific, otherwise an obtainable discipline.
The following deck based on the Malkavian antitribu clan is the seventh deck in the Reasonably Priced Decks series, which I have outlined in a previous blog post. The deck is not a pure stealth-bleed deck (as one would expect), but a rather balanced composition of bleed and block elements.
In October last year the website Drive Thru Cards opened. They offer to their customers (game publishers, that is) the following services:
- selling current card products
- bringing back out-of-print card products
- releasing expansions for existing card and board games
- offering replacement cards to customers who lose or damage them
- publicizing or beta-testing new card games (privately)
- creating custom poker decks to promote your brands
At the moment the website is still in the testing phase, although there’s announcement that the site’s full functionality will be launched in January 2013. This week Wizards of the Coast has started to distribute Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying books (albeit only older ones). This is good news since they also hold partly the intellectual property rights for VtES.
Drive Thru Cards would a well-suited platform on which VtES card expansion and reprint could be distributed. Although there hasn’t been any official information on this distribution channel yet. Hopefully Drive Thru Cards will support other card sizes soon. Currently only poker-sized cards (2.5×3.5 inches) are supported, whereas MtG/VtES cards have a slightly different format (2 15/32 x 3 7/16 inches).
After having presented ten VtES decks of the month in the past year here’s the poll for you to pick the Deck of the Year 2012 (see sidebar on the right). There is no actual prize support for this “award” other than your five minutes of fame.
- December 2012: Extremely Silent and Incredibly Far Away by Dennis Lien (USA) — a “Tariq eats the World” variation.
- November 2012: The Complex Machinations of the Mind of Fred Scott by Brian Moritz — a wallish superstar deck based on Shalmath.
- October 2012: Chorripan Festival by Javier Rodríguez Fernández (ESP) — Nergal wall deck defending Shatter the Gates.
- September 2012: Undeles Bag of Dicks by Aleksi Nuora (FIN) — is a tutoring/recursion 60 card vote deck mainly based on Undele’s special ability.
- August 2012: “James “The Knife” Angry Dragon by Brad Cashdollar (USA) — a Baali Obf/Pre vote deck.
- July 2012: Bankia by Txus Alutiz (ESP) — a Spirit Marionette/Temptation deck using Eurayle and some Followers of Set.
- June 2012: El traumatologo del dolor by Luis Fonseca (ESP) — a rush combat deck using the synergy from Talbot’s Chainsaw and Mictlantecuhtli special ability.
- May 2012: African Library by James Messer (USA) — an Osebo Toolbox/Wallish deck.
- April 2012: no deck
- March 2012: no deck
- February 2012: Unnamed shatter by Ferenc Vasadi (HUN) — an Unnamed Bleed/Shatter the Gates deck.
- January 2012: Alamut’s Horror Museum by Genis Prats (ESP) — a Assamite/Tzimice Agent of Power Summon History deck.
The poll will be closed on February 1st, 2013 (18:00 CET).