The Dark Ones and the Shining Ones orchestrate their armies while remaining hidden themselves. Seemingly enemies, these armies can only guess at the schemes and goals of their masters. Hunters, the imbued, the armies of the Shining Ones, are only a recent arrival to the World of Darkness, especially to the perception of a Methuselah. Perhaps other Methuselahs are slow to recognize the threat, and even slower to see their utility. But not you. Or perhaps the imbued were empowered by other Methuselahs to fight you, and you’re the latecomer. Either way, the Nights of Reckoning have arrived.
Seven creeds of imbued hunters stand, sometimes united, sometimes alone, to take back the night. See that your prey greets the light first.
Nights Of Reckoning (NoR) is the tenth expansion of White Wolf’s trading card game Vampire: The Eternal Struggle released on April 10, 2006. The expansion’s theme are the Imbued, mortal vampire hunters in the fictional world of Vampire: The Masquerade. The background for this expansion is actually the role playing game Hunter: The Reckoning. Nights Of Reckoning is different from any other expansion since it didn’t feature any vampires at all and contained a whole new set of card types resembling the Imbued setting in play. In that sense the expansion is like a spin-off from the regular vampire-dominated game.
This expansion consists only of booster packs with 11 cards each (6 common, 3 uncommon (= Imbued), 1 rare and 1 rule card). The five different rule cards contain different portions of new rules (instead of rule book). The rules cards are also common cards legal for tournaments. There are 60 new cards in total, i.e. 20 common, 20 uncommon (= Imbued), and 20 rare cards.
- Imbued — a new crypt card, which can be brought into play like vampires. They represent mortal vampire hunters.
- Creed — similar to vampires clan an Imbued an Imbued belongs to a Creed representing a group of similar minded individuals.
- Virtue — similar to vampires disciplines (powers) an Imbued have a number of different Virtues which allows him to use cards which require that Virtue.
- Power — an action card which give an Imbued a permanent ability. After performing that action the Imbued untaps automatically.
- Conviction — each Imbued gets one Conviction card during their controllers untap phase, which they can use for a one-time-effect later.
- Incapacitated — instead of going to torpor like or vampire or being burned like an ally, an Imbued goes to the Incapacitated region when having no life. He can leave the region by burning three Convictions, thereby also gaining one life.
- Monster — a term for all vampires and non-mortal, non-animal allies.
There are also a large number of clarifications how certain cards now interact with the Imbued.
- Champion — an Imbued with this power can effectively block any action regardless of the stealth/intercept ratio.
- Determine — a reaction card which allows an Imbued to redirect a bleed or to cancel an action card.
- Edge Explosion — an event card which gives an Imbued an extra Conviction after he performs a successful action.
- Nights of Reckoning Expansion on VEKN.net
- Nights of Reckoning Card Checklist on Secret Library (defunct)
|Booster Display||36 boosters||WW-2726||$107.64|