In October last year the website Drive Thru Cards opened. They offer to their customers (game publishers, that is) the following services:
- selling current card products
- bringing back out-of-print card products
- releasing expansions for existing card and board games
- offering replacement cards to customers who lose or damage them
- publicizing or beta-testing new card games (privately)
- creating custom poker decks to promote your brands
At the moment the website is still in the testing phase, although there’s announcement that the site’s full functionality will be launched in January 2013. This week Wizards of the Coast has started to distribute Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying books (albeit only older ones). This is good news since they also hold partly the intellectual property rights for VtES.
Drive Thru Cards would a well-suited platform on which VtES card expansion and reprint could be distributed. Although there hasn’t been any official information on this distribution channel yet. Hopefully Drive Thru Cards will support other card sizes soon. Currently only poker-sized cards (2.5×3.5 inches) are supported, whereas MtG/VtES cards have a slightly different format (2 15/32 x 3 7/16 inches).