Today (April 10th, 2017), the VEKN has published two more previews of cards contained in the upcoming VTES Anthology set. The cards shown are a previously published card (Field Training) with new artwork, as well as two new crypt cards (Weirich Waldburg & Andre the Manipulator). Along with the preview cards, a new wording regarding cards attached to a vampire has been announced as well. You can view the new previews as well as the previous ones on the VTES Anthology page on vekn.net
Today the VEKN has started (the albeit short) preview of the upcoming VTES Anthology set. The expansion consists mostly of reprints of existing cards, but has a few new cards as well (10 new crypt cards and 2 new library cards). The set will be released on May 11th, 2017 on the occasion of the World Of Darkness Berlin convention alongside with the VTES European Championship 2017.
With the expansion, two significant changes come along, mostly (I think) because WotC is no longer involved in VTES, and their intellectual property had to be respected. First of all, the backside of the cards will change, because the “Deckmaster” logo/text had to be dropped. This will typically require the players to play with sleeved decks during tournaments when using decks with different cardbacks.
Also the keywords tap/untap were dropped, and they have been replaced by the keywords lock/unlock, while the function remains the same.
Check the preview page on VEKN net of the Anthology set.
On March 30th, 2017 the VEKN has published its latest newsletter (for March 2017). The newsletter covers a number of topics, ranging from news on the Anthology Set, two new Storylines tournaments coming up, and news on the upcoming VEKN expansion (based on the Bloodline clans). In summary, the Anthology sets new cards will be revealed on the VEKN website during the next weeks prior to the EC 2017 in Berlin. Also new cards (as published by the VEKN) are now tournament legal directly upon release (so no more 30 day waiting period). Mike Nudd has announced two new Storyline tournaments named Ascension of Caine and End of the Line, which both reference the Berlin (by Night) setting and the LARP event End of the Line (which is taking place during the World of Darkness Berlin convention). The upcoming VEKN expansion for the Bloodlines is well under way, but the round 2 of the playtesting has not (yet) started.
You can read the full VEKN Newsletter for March 2017 on VEKN.net.
On January 17th, 2017 the VTES Dutch EC Qualifier was held in Utrecht, Netherlands with 15 players attending the qualifier tournament. The final standings after 3 rounds and the final were as follows:
1. Jeroen van Oort (NED) — 1 GW 6 VP — 3 VP — Guillaume Giovanni & Friends (Locations)
2. Jonathan van der Smissen (NED) — 3 GW 11 VP — 2 VP — Swarm Ravnos Weenie Laibon Vote Deck
2. Bram van Stappen (BEL) — 1 GW 6 VP — 0 VP — Malgorzata & Friends Wall
2. Bart Jansen (NED) — 1 GW 4.5 VP — 0 VP — Nosferatu Royalty Vote & Bleed
2. Héctor Javier Ordóñez (ESP) — 1 GW 3.5 VP — 0 VP — Stanislava Vote/Bleed
Congratulations to Jeroen for his win of the Dutch ECQ 2017.
Post Scriptum: Yes, technically it’s not an EC qualifier, because the EC 2017 in Berlin will be an open tournament, but traditions .. vampires have ’em.
The VTES European Championship 2017 which will take place from March to 11 to 14 May, 2017 during the World of Darkness convention in Berlin, Germany. On this occasion, the attendees of the convention will receive one Anthology Set, consisting of 100 cards, which be exclusive to the event. They will also have the opportunity to pre-order & purchase more copies of the set via the webshop of the WoD convention for 20 EUR. The sets then will be paid and received on-site in May; the pre-order period ends on March 3rd, 2017.
The sets consists of a number of (rather sought-after) reprinted library cards as well as prints of crypt & library cards from PDF-expansions and a few new crypt cards. The post lists the cards from the PDF expansions not as reprints, which is technically correct, but on the other hand they are not really new cards either.
You can read the full post for yourself on the WoD convention website, which also has some artwork previews.
On January 31st, 2017 the VEKN has published its latest newsletter (for January 2017). The newsletter covers a number of topics, ranging from the latest news on EC 2017 in Berlin, and the activities of the VEKN rules team, to an interview with VEKN Organized Play Coordinator, Desso Alastor.
You can read the full VEKN Newsletter for January 2017 on VEKN.net.
Today, the VEKN chairman, Ginés Quiñonero, has issued a statement with regards to the changes of the Inner Circles, that is the VEKN board of directors.
Since my re-election I have been in talks with several V:TES enthusiasts willing to devote their time to promoting the game, in order to restructure the Inner Circle and make it a more active and operational body.
With that intention in mind, the Scribe and Marketing Director positions have been unified into a single one:
- Community Manager: Shall manage the Vampire: The Eternal Struggle Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages. Shall write and post V:EKN announcements in social media, V:EKN forums, etc. Shall answer questions related to V:EKN announcements in social media, forums, etc. And shall write the monthly V:EKN Newsletter.
And a new position (actually not so new) has been created:
- Organized Play Coordinator: Shall be in charge of promoting VTES play through National Coordinators, so that the playerbase grows and the game looks more attractive to the companies willing to publish it.
In addition, White Wolf’s representative Dhaunae De Vir has accepted the Inner Circle position of Counselor.
Therefore, as of now the Inner Circle is going to be restructured as follows (new members are in red):
- Chairman and Website Coordinator: Ginés Quiñonero
- Vice Chairman: Hugh Angseesing
- Rules Director: Pascal Bertrand (until he finishes the new qualification system he is working on for the European Championships). After that he’ll step down and Vincent Ripoll will take over.
- Ratings Coordinator: Vincent Ripoll
- Design Team Leader: Ben Peal
- Community Manager: Henrik Klippström
- Organized Play Coordinators: Orian Gissler and Desso Alastor
- Counselors: David Tatu and Dhaunae de Vir (White Wolf)
- Chairmen Emeriti: Robert Goudie, Johannes Walch
Also interesting to read are the meeting minutes of the meeting of the VEKN national coordinators during the EC 2016 in Genoa, Italy, as well as the discussion on the changes to the European qualification system.