On August 30th, 2009 the VtES South East NAC Qualifier was held in Austin, Texas with 10 players attending the qualifier tournament. The final standings were as follows:
1. Preston Poulter (USA) — Gangrel antitribu feat. Enkidu Combat
2. Jon Glas (USA) — Malkavian Protean Madness Network
2. Ethan Burrow (USA) — Toreador antitribu Palla Grande
2. Alex Gifford (USA) — Malkavian Vote feat. Lutz
2. Eric Leal (USA) — Weenie Potence w/ Archbishop Shinanigans
Congratulations to Preston for his win of the South East NAC Qualifier 2009. You can find a tournament report in the Presence Forum.
On August 29th, 2009 the VtES Washington D.C. NAC Qualifier 2009 was held in Washington D.C. with 24 players attending the qualifier tournament. The final standings were as follows:
1. Matt Morgan (USA) — 3 GW 11 VP — 1.5 VP — Cock Robin Enkil Cog
2. Adam Hulse (USA) — 2 GW 4.5 VP — 0.5 VP –Troglodytia Intercept
2. John Alton (USA) — 1 GW 5.5 VP — 0.5 VP –True Brujah Bleed
2. Trey Morita (USA) — 1 GW 5.5 VP — 0.5 VP –Ventrue antitribu Anarchs
2. Ruben Feldman (SUI) — 2 GW 9.5 VP — 0 VP –Ventrue G4/5 Breed/Boon
Congratulations to Matt for his win of the Washington D.C. Qualifier 2009. You can find a tournament report and the tournament winning deck in the VtES Usenet Newsgroup.
On August 30th, 2009 the VtES Dutch EC Qualifier was held in Tilburg (Netherlands) with 27 players attending the qualifier tournament. The final standings were as follows:
1. Koen Tabak (NED) — 2 GW 8 VP — 1.5 VP — Ventrue G4/5 Neo Lawfirm
2. Bart de Nijs (NED) — 2 GW 8 VP — 1 VP — Lasombra G2 Vote/Bleed/Breed
2. Alfred Behrends (GER) — 2 GW 5.5 VP — 0.5 VP — Anson Tzimisce Warghoul New Tech
2. Thomas K. (NED) — 1 GW 6.5 VP — 0.5 VP — Toreador Wall feat. Anneke
2. Hardy Range (GER) — 2 GW 7.5 VP — 0 VP — Brujah G4/5 Prince Bruise & Vote
Congratulations to Koen for his win of the Dutch ECQ 2009. You can find the final standings and tournament winner’s decklist in the VtES Usenet Newsgroup.
On August 29th, 2009 the VtES North Central NAC Qualifier was held in Wheatridge, Colorado with 12 players attending the qualifier tournament. The final standings were as follows:
1. Jon Sushinsky (USA) — PRE/ANI Anarch bleed
2. Darby Keeney (USA) — Weenie Presence Bleed
2. Dennis (USA) — Kindred Spirits Stealth Bleed
2. Jeff Goss (USA) — Tremere feat. Orlando Oriundus Parity Shift
2. Kelly Schultz (USA) — Lazverinus Wall
Congratulations to Jon for his win of the North Central NAC Qualifier 2009. You can find a tournament report and the tournament winning deck in the VtES Usenet Newsgroup.
VTES Clan Newsletters used to be semi-monthly posts on the VTES Usenet Newsgroup that focused on a specific vampire clan (or Imbued) and contained information about strategy, decks as well as a piece of fan faction regarding the clan. The first clan newsletter appeared in 1998, and after a short while quite a number of clan newsletters appeared every month in the newsgroup. I have assembled some statistics on the publication frequency (#issues/month) based on the data in Lasombra’s Clan Newsletter Archive:
The heydays of the VTES Clan Newsletters were the years 2001 to 2004 with an average of 7 or more Clan Newsletters per month. The decline of the Clan Newsletters started in 2007, when the average dropped to less than 5 per month. The last two years the release of new Clan Newsletters almost died down and in the past 5 month not a single new clan newsletter has been published.
You can find more information on the VTES Clan Newsletters on Peter Bakija’s and Lasombra’s websites:
Roleplaying games have long tradition of collecting lists of famous last words, that is the words a roleplaying characters utters just before drawing his last breath. In a similar fashion VtES players are known to say brilliant things before their untimely demise (i.e. being ousted):
- “I forgot to take the pool for the Edge last turn.”
- “Maybe I shouldn’t have discarded the Deflection last turn.”
- “No block. He didn’t have a Conditioning last turn.” — “Conditioning“.
- “I rush Enkidu.”
- “Bleed for 4.” — “Archon Investigation.”
- “I am down to one pool, so I can play Parity Shift against you.” — “Poison Pill“.
- “Now that all my vampires are tapped out, I hope you’re sticking to your part of our deal!?!!”
Always fear the guy who’s doing nothing. Have a close look at what he discards. Ask him why and try to sense the lie beneath his words. — Reyda (VtES player)
Reference: VtES Usenet Newsgroup