Duffin Draft is a cheap, fast and fun variant of regular drafting in VTES. The rules were invented by Joshua Duffin (hence the name). Beside the usual VtES, there are a couple of additional rules in effect:
- Each player provides 1 eleven card booster.
- Normal booster draft follows, i.e. take 1 pass left.
- Repeat until out of cards.
- You must play with all of the cards you draft.
- If you fail to draft any vampires, you will be ousted quickly.
B. Changes in play
- Each player has 12 pool.
- If a player is below hand size and has an empty library, he may use a discard phase action to reshuffle his ashheap into his library (draw up to hand size).
- A player gets 4 pool for ousting his prey.
- Each player has unlimited transfers in his influence phase.
Addendum: Double Duffin Draft
- This is small extension to the “single” Duffin Draft rules. Each player provides two boosters; the first pass is to the left, the second to the right.