As announced earlier today, the VEKN has published the first two official previews of the upcoming PDF expansion “Danse Macabre” for VtES:
Name: Dark Selina
Clan: Brujah antitribu
Discipline: dom for CEL POT PRE
Sabbat cardinal: Selina gets +1 stealth on political actions.
Name: Under Siege
Cost: 1 pool
+1 stealth action. Unique. Requires a titled Sabbat vampire.
Put this card in play with three counters. Once each action a Sabbat vampire you control can burn 1 counter from this card to untap and attempt to block with +1 intercept even if the intercept is not yet needed. Burn this card when it has no counters.
You find the actual card previews on vekn.net.
According to the VEKN, the previews for upcoming (for quite some time now) next expansion “Danse Macabre” will start this week (maybe even today!).
Stay tuned ..
On September 28th, 2013 the VtES Dutch National Championship 2013 was held in Utrecht, Netherlands with 20 players from 4 countries attending the tournament. The final standings after 3 rounds and the finals were as follows:
1. Bram van Stappen (BEL) — 1 GW 4 VP — 1.5 VP — Osebo 419 Operation
2. Jörg Epping (GER) — 1 GW 5.5 VP — 1 VP Lasombra G2/3 Bleed/Vote
2. Pieter Herma (NED) — 2 GW 6.5 VP — 0.5 VP — Mata Hari Twister War Ghouls
2. Jelmer Wendholm (NED) — 1 GW 4 VP — 0.5 VP — Toreador G2/3 Royalty Vote
2. Rolf Engelen (NED) — 2 GW 8 VP — 0 VP — Weenie Dominate Bleed
Congratulations to Bram for his win of the Dutch Nationals 2013. You can also find the winner’s decklist in the Dutch VtES forum.
On September 21st, 2013, the VEKN published the following regarding the fate of the Print-on-Demand program and the next VtES expansion named “Danse Macabre”. But read for yourself:
Fellow V:TES Enthusiasts,
the V:EKN has now been working together with onebookshelf inc. for about a year to bring you a print-on-demand program for V:TES. Despite our best effort and a positive outlook for many months we were finally not able to seal a deal with all involved parties. So for the time being there will be no print-on-demand program. I am very sad about this development, but rest assured all humanly possible has been done to make this work. There might be a different situation in the future, but I am sure there will be no update before middle of 2014.
With this perspective we need to do something to inject this game with fresh material and keep it alive and kicking as much as possible so the V:EKN Inner Circle has decided to release Danse Macabre as a fan-created, free set in PDF format, which will be legal for constructed tournament play. The set is actually complete and we are doing the last steps of post-production so it should be ready for the EC. Pascal will make a more detailed announcement on when the cards will be legal. The Design Team will start previewing the cards early next week.
I also would like to personally ask the community to not show any outrage towards any involved party you might think is responsible for this. It will not help our cause. Feel free to express your polite disappointment, but keep it in line. You will be doing me and the game a huge favor.
Thanks and see you at the EC in Stockholm,
On the occasion of the annual Essen Games Fair, the playgroup in Bochum will hold the traditional Midnight Tournament on Saturday, October 26th, 2013. The tournament is named “World Is A Vampire” and takes places in a pub less than 20 km away from the Essen fair area.
Vampire: The Eternal Struggle – Constructed Tournament
World is a Vampire
Saturday, 26 October 2013
Doors open at 19:00 h
Start first round at 19:30 h
Zu den Vier Winden
Hofsteder Str. 94
- Round system: 2 rounds plus final (time limit: 2h each)
- Format: VEKN Constructed
(In case there are less than 12 players, the multi-deck system will be used)
- Entrance fee: 3 EUR
- Please note: The location is a pub, so you may not bring your own food and drinks.
Pre-registration is possible via email to the organizer or a post in the German VEKN web forum in this thread.
Gerhard “Hardy” Range
prinz (/dot/) bochum (/at/) gmx (/dot/) de
German VtES Forum
On June 26th, 2013 the Finnish National VtES Championship 2013 was held in Tampere, Finland with 38 players attending the tournament. The final standings were as follows:
1. Ville Kaijasaari (FIN) — 1 GW 5.0 VP — 4.0 VP — Nana & Friends Ani/Pot Rush Combat
2. Nyberg Tuomas (FIN) — 1 GW 6.5 VP — 1.0 VP — Ventrue G4/5 Lawfirm
2. Tommi Hakomaa (FIN) — 2 GW 11.0 VP — 0.0 VP — Malkavian ’94
2. Lauri Salmi (FIN) — 1 GW 6.5 VP — 0.0 VP — Nana /&Friends Ani Combat(? )
2. Aleksi Nuora (FIN) — 1 GW 5.5 VP — 0.0 VP — Giovanni Anarch Revolt something?
Congratulations to Ville for his win of the Finnish Nationals 2013. A tournament report as well as the winner’s deck can be found in the VEKN forum.
On July 26th, 2013 the VtES Finnish EC Qualifier was held in Espoo, Finland with 72 players attending the qualifier tournament (during RopeCon 2013). The final standings were as follows:
1. Toni Karjalainen (FIN) — 2 GW 8 VP — 4 VP — Nakthorheb & Friends Bleed & Enticement
2. Aleksi Kivilahti (FIN) — 2 GW 10 VP — 1 VP — Kiasyd G4/5 Stealth Bleed
2. Are Vaskela (FIN) — 2 GW 9 VP — 0 VP — Unmada/Lutz/Dmitra/Undele Vote
2. Juha Nyholm (FIN) — 2 GW 8 VP — 0 VP — Lasombra G2/3 Vote/Bleed
2. Tuomas Vuokko (FIN) — 2 GW 7.5 VP — 0 VP — Tremere antitribu Big Cap toolbox
Congratulations to Toni for his win of the Finnish ECQ 2013. You can find a huge tournament report, the finalist’s decks and the final standings on VEKN.net.
On the last weekend of September, the city of Bad Nauheim hosts a gaming event named “Bad Nauheim spielt“. Part of the event are three VtES Tournaments, two constructed tournaments as well as one draft tournament. Details are as following:
- Date: September 27th to 29th, 2013
D-61231 Bad Nauheim
- Friday: VEKN Constructed 2 Rounds + Final
- Registration: 17:30 h
- Begin Round 1: 18:00 h
- Begin Round 2: 20:15 h
- Begin Final: 22:30 h
- Entrance Fee: 3 €
- Saturday: VEKN Constructed — 3 Rounds + Final
- Registration: 10:30 h
- Begin Round 1: 11:00 h
- Begin Round 2: 13:45 h
- Begin Round 3: 16:00 h
- Begin Final: 18:00 h
- Entrance Fee: 3 €
- Sunday: VEKN Draft — 2 Rounds
- Registration: 10:00 h
- Draft: 10:15 h
- Begin Round 1: 11:45 h
- Begin Round 2: 14:15 h
- To be drafted: 1 Booster Display „Anarchs“ and more
- Entrance Fee: tbd
You get more information n the German VEKN forum, where you can can pre-register as well. Pre-registration is not required, but highly appreciated.
The Asian Continental VTES Championship 2013 has been played on August 31st, 2013 in Singapore with 18 players (from three different countries) attending the tournament. The standings after 3 rounds and the final were as follows:
1. Bann Lum (SGP) — 1 GW 7.0 VP — 3.0 VP — Followers of Set Spell of Life
2. Kohei Nomura (JPN) — 1 GW 4.5 VP — 1.0 VP — G2/3 Thrown Junk Bruise Bleed
2. Zheng Yongyan (SGP) — 1 GW 4.0 VP — 1.0 VP — Ventrue G4/5 Grinder
2. Hidetoshi Hayakawa (JPN) — 2 GW 8.5 VP — 0.0 VP — Stanislava & Friends
2. Stephen Sing (SGP) — 1 GW 6.5 VP — 0.0 VP — Saulot Spirit Marionette
Congratulations to Bann for his win of the Asian Continental Championship 2013. You can find an extensive tournament report on Singing VtES blog & on Blood & Power Inc. and the tournament winning deck on VEKN.net.
The VEKN rules director, Pascal Bertrand has posted the Rules Team Ruling (RTR) 05-Sept-2013.
Continental Championships Changes
- Dropped: The “25%/33%/50% participants qualify” rule no longer applies.
- Added: “A player with at least 1 Game Win at a Continental Championship Qualifier qualifies.”
- Added: “The winner of any Continental Championship Qualifier qualifies.”
- Added: “For the Australian Championships, a player with at least 0.5 Victory Point per preliminary round played + 0.5 Victory Point qualifies.”
- Added: “To reward the judges who put so much time and effort into running these events, the judges for Regional continental qualifiers automatically qualify if they don’t play in their event.”
- The Archon 1.5b has been finialized. It will be available in the Download page.
- (Please note we’re still running validity checks against the upload module. Till October 5th, please continue to use the Archon available in the Download page.)
- The Archon 1.5b should be compatible with OpenOffice and LibreOffice suites.
As always, the changes contained do not go into effect for sanctioned tournaments for 30 days. (So these become active on October 5th, 2013.)