From 2008 to 2011, the VTES blog Charlotte By Night, had been active by posting its “Know your Kindred” articles as well as hosting the annual Nossies awards (among post on local events). The site now (errr .. I mean in March 2018) has moved to a new location, that is www.CharlotteByNight.us. The site is now updated regularly, e.g. the latest three Know Your Kindred are with regards to the following vampires:
On July 14th, 2018 the VTES Belgian National Championship 2018 was held in Bruxelles, Belgium with 22 players attending the tournament. The final standings after 3 rounds and the finals were as follows:
1. Jorge Delgado (ESP) — 2 GW 7.5 VP — 2.5 VP — Anson & Friends Cel Gun
2. Alain Greiner (FRA) — 2 GW 10 VP — 0.5 VP — Antonio D’Erlette Nephandus
2. Bram Van Stappen (BEL) — 2 GW 8 VP — 0.5 VP — Cybele/Aksinya/Nakhthorheb MMPA bloating
2. Marius Iscru (FRA) — 2 GW 7 VP — 0 VP — Ventrue antitribu Grinder
2. Serge Cirri (FRA) — 1 GW 6.5 VP — 0 VP — Toreador antitribu Palla Grande/Embrace
Congratulations to Jorge for his win of the Belgian Nationals 2018. You can find the tournament winning deck on VEKN.net.
The VEKN continues its course of cleaning up and clarifying existing VTES rules. The latest result are the new Rules Team Rulings of July 18th 2018. The RTR 19/07/18 consists of three parts, that is
- Rule change #1: Cold iron vulnerability is removed, weapons with cold iron vulnerability now cause aggravated damage to Kiasyd.
- Rule change #2: The scarce penalty is now based only on the number of scarce vampires of the same clan already in play you control.
- Rule clarification: Locking the blocking minion and entering combat happen simultaneously and are identified as the “block resolution”.
There are also some card text changes implied by these changes which are also listed in the RTR.
You can read the full text of the RTR down below as well as in the Black Chantry website. The discussion on VEKN.net of these changes are in the corresponding Rules Team Rulings – RTR 19/07/2018 thread.
As a new publisher of VTES, Black Chantry Productions has released two new reprint bundles, namely of the last White Wolf published expansion Heirs to the Blood. There are, similar to the Keepers of Tradition reprint bundle, two bundles with 120 cards each. These contain both crypt & library (each), typically with one or two copies of the same card.
Bundle #1 contains cards for Baali, Blood Brothers, Gargoyles, Harbingers of Skulls, Nagaraja and Samedi, while bundle #2 has cards for Ahrimanes, Daughters of Cacophony, Kiasyd, Salubri, Salubri antitribu and True Brujah. Please take note, that not all of the HttB cards are reprinted, e.g. the Maleficia and Striga cards are not reprinted with these bundles.
The Black Chantry website has some pages with more information on particular bloodlines:
- Baali & Daimoinion
- Daughters of Cacophony & Melpominee
- Kiasyd & Mytherceria
- Ahrimanes & Spiritus
- Salubri antitribu & Valeren
On June 1st, 2018, the VEKN has published its newsletter for June 2018. The newsletter covers a number of topics, most prominently a report of the 2018 North-American Continental Champhionship, which took place in Columbus, Ohio, from June 14 to 17th. The report has a recount of the NAC final and also includes the Ventrue antitribu Grinder deck with which Bob Joseph won the championship. Congrats to Bob!
Read the complete newsletter here: VEKN Newsletter for June 2018 on VEKN.net.