- Date: Saturday, June 6th, 2015
- Format: Standard Constructed, detailed rules can be found on the VEKN Tournament Rules webpage. Any player with a game win automatically be qualified for participation in any Continental Championship in 2015.
- Time Table
- Registration — 12:00
- 1st Round — 13:00
- Entry Fee: 5 EUR
- Prizes: tba
- More details and registration
- Please register in the German VtES Forum or by contacting the organizer [prinz (/dot/) bochum (/at/) gmx (/dot/) de] directly.
- The location is a pub, so you may not bring your own food and drinks.
Today (January 18th, 2015) the VEKN released the second issue of the VEKN Newsletter with a variety of information regarding VTES, VEKN and related matters.
Design Team News:
Gábor Németh submitted one of two pieces he’s working on for the Storyline reward cards. Playtesting for them remains on schedule, and we’ll have those released the weekend of February 7.
Our production schedule right now looks like Storyline reward cards in February, cards for the summer 2015 storyline, Anarchs set in fall 2015, and a Bloodlines set in fall 2016.
Rules Team News:
Be sure to download the latest version of The Archon! Version v1.5c is available here:
Read the complete VEKN Newsletter 18 January 2015 with additional information on artists, upcoming events, etc. on VEKN.net.
After having presented six VtES Decks of the Month in the past year here’s the poll for you to pick the Deck of the Year 2014 (see sidebar on the right). There is no actual prize support for this “award” other than your five minutes of fame.
- Nov/Dec 2014: Kirkonrottia ja muita uskonnollisia juttuja by Marko Lindroos (FIN) — an Imbued/Rockcat crossover.
- Sep/Oct 2014: Miam Miam by Guilhem Marrannes (FRA) — a Big Cap Amaranth deck.
- Jul/Aug 2014: Black Suit, Silver Bullet by Roberto Mautone (BRA) — a Toreador Wall deck with a plan.
- May/Jun 2014: 419 forms of corruption by Matus Kovalcik (SVK) — 419 Operation times Form of Corruption
- Mar/Apr 2014: Mimir by Giulio De Cicco (ITA) — a Gangrel antitribu Bleed deck feat. Mimir.
- Jan/Feb 2014: Crazy Magic by Jorge Verdi (ESP) — a Aus/Dem/Tha/Obf Big Cap. Toolbox deck.
The poll will be closed on February 6th, 2015 (18:00 CET).
The Deck of the Month for November/December 2015 is Kirkonrottia ja muita uskonnollisia juttuja as played by Marko Lindroos (FIN). Translated the deck’s name is “Church Rats & Other Religous Stuff“. It is a crossover deck, one half a Rock Cat, the other half an Imbued, making that a combination I haven’t seen before. Despite a single Disarm, the deck uses only discipline-less library cards, which allows the deck to run a couple of Gehenna events which hamper the regular discipline based decks. Also noteworthy is the lack of Imbued Powers. I would attribute that to the intent of keeping the deck small and focused.
Again in the months of December and November, there were a couple of decks, either conceptually or breathing fresh life into old concepts:
- Anu’s Hordes by Sebastian Fredenberg – a nice Shambling Hordes with a few tricks and some new cards from The Unaligned which help the deck. For example, Gianna di Canneto can help the Shamblers cope with gun decks.
- Osebo Flung Junk by Ben Peal (USA) — this deck is interesting not the least because it was build from two Obsebo starter decks (and a few additions).
- Lucian the Perfect by Djordje Sutic (SER) — this deck features a rarely seen combination of disciplines (Ani, Aus, Dom, Pot), and makes Lucian it’s star vampire mainly because of this combat special (although it doesn’t hurt (most of the time) to have +3 bleed either).
- Methuselah by Desso Alastor (BRA) — another interesting deck conceptually. Like the Anson Anarch Revolt decks from the past, it has a very,very high master card ratio and avoids direct interaction with other player’s minion as much as possible.
The Deck of the Month for October/September 2014 is the tournament winning deck Miam Miam played by Guilhem Marrannes (FRA). When you’re looking at the crypt for the first time, you expect some sort of bleed or vote deck, but when you’re scrolling down the library section of the deck, you’ll be surprised that it’s actually a wallish combat deck (almost 50% of the library cards are combat cards). When dunking an opponent to torpor, one of the three big caps then uses Amaranth (and optimally also Ritual of the Bitter Rose) to diablerize immediately. And having +2 bleed doesn’t hurt either once when you’re done with your prey’s vampire.
There were some more interesting decks in August and September, namely
- Pain is the new gain by Riccardo Fabiani (ITA) — a Brujah antribu Vote/Rush deck with lots of Danse Macabre cards in it.
- Gon tenía razón .. by Txus Alutiz (ESP) — a Nergal & Nahum Enosh Toolbox deck.
- Saulot’s Snakes by Marcio Rilley (BRA) — a Salubri/Followers of Set Spirit Marionette deck.
The Deck of the Month for July/August 2014 is the tournament winning deck “Black Suit, Silver Bullet” played by Roberto Mautone (BRA). Although it looks like your run-of-the-mill Gun/Ranged Weapons Wall deck, I like the deck conceptually, because it has specific game plan. The first thing the deck needs to do, is to put a Reversal of Fortunes into play, reversing the order of play. The second step is then then to drop a Smiling Jack, The Anarch and Millicent Smith into play (preferably in the same round). In addition to the deterrence of the ranged weapons, Milicent (which now moves always to the acting player) moves another barrier into play.
As always, in these two months, there were some more decks of interest.
- Anarch For-Cel rush played by Marcello Bertocchi (ITA) — this is a nice show case how a successful For/Cel Anarch deck can look like.
- The Remarkable Beauty of the Dog/Warghoul Synergy v2 played by Ginés Quiñonero (ESP) — as the deck name suggests, this is a nice War Ghoul deck, which feeds on the Underbridge Strays (of course, they don’t die before helping the War Ghouls to untap or providing them a press).
- Two Trick Pony played by Craig Love (AUS) — Pariah and Henry Taylor are the two ponies (so to speak) the deck is based on. Pariah as offensive rush element, Henry as defensive player.
More Full Bleed cards (as presented on vekn.net). The creator of these VTES card variants, self-biased, has posted a few new of these “Full Bleed” cards, this time with an emphasis on cards from The Unaligned & Danse Macabre.
On January 4th, 2015 the VtES Dutch EC Qualifier was held in Utrecht, Netherlands with 10 players (from four different countries!) attending the qualifier tournament. The final standings after 3 rounds and the final were as follows:
1. Bram van Stappen (BEL) — 1 GW 2.5 VP — 2.5 VP — Ventrue/Ventrue Antitribu Bleed w/ Zip Guns
2. Gerhard Range (GER) — 1 GW 3 VP — 0.5 VP — Blood Brothers Bleed (Kiev Circle)
2. Ralf Lammert (GER) — 0 GW 4.5 VP — 0.5 VP — Nosferatu Antitribu Raven Spies&Guns
2. Thomas K. (NED) — 0 GW 4 VP — 0 VP — Anson & Friends Cel Gun Infernal Pursuit
2. Cameron Miller (AUS) — 0 GW 3 VP — 0 VP — Malkavian ’94
Congratulations to Bram for his win of the Dutch ECQ 2015.
Today (January 1st, 2015) the VEKN released the first issue of the VEKN Newsletter with a large variety of information regarding VTES, VEKN and related matters.
Of Interest to Scholars and Slanderers:
Happy New Year, everyone!
One of the VEKN‘s New Year’s resolutions is to be proactive about keeping you all updated with news and events for Vampire: the Eternal Struggle. To that end, we decided to create a regular newsletter to be posted to vekn.net and emailed to the Princes. In this newsletter, we’ll have updates and announcements about tournaments, rulings, Storyline events, Continental Championships, the Design Team, our artists, and general announcements. If you’d like to be added to the email distribution list (open to everyone, not just Princes) or if you’d like to be removed from it, PM BenPeal on vekn.net or reply to this email.
— Ben Peal, Design Team Leader
Design Team News:
Round One of playtesting for the Storyline reward cards has concluded. Mike and I have finished making changes based on the playtest feedback and Round Two will begin the weekend of January 3. We have artwork for all but three of the cards, and the remaining three pieces have been commissioned. The release date has been pushed back from February 1 to February 8 to allow for a full month of playtest for Round Two.
Design of the Anarch-themed set continues. We expect to wrap that up in mid-January, with playtesting to begin at the end of the month to coincide with the conclusion of the Storyline reward cards playtest.
Read the complete VEKN Newsletter Jan 2015 with additional information on artists, upcoming events, etc. on VEKN.net.