“Rules note: The Director of the Duelists’ Convocation reserves the exclusive right to add, delete, alter, transmute, switch, revise in second edition, seduce, blood bond, Dominate, Obfuscate, vote in or out with any Primogen, Prince, or Justicar that ever has been or ever will be printed, or in any other way change these or any other official Duelists’ Convocation rules, in whole or in part, with or without notice, at any time that it is deemed necessary or desirable. This right is non-negotiable.”— DCI Tournament Rules for VtES in 1995
Ob·fus·cate [ˌɒbfʌsˈkeɪt] — verb
- to make so confused or opaque as to be difficult to perceive or understand.
- to render indistinct or dim; darken: The fog obfuscated the shore.
Obfuscate derives from Latin obfuscre meaning to “darken”, from fuscus
“Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity and prolixity.” — Roedy Green.
Here are the decks of the Gelsenkirchen VtES League 2011 from the meeting on February 23rd (prey is from left to right, from top to bottom):
Left: Thomas played a G3/4 Nosferatu Vote deck, but was hit hard by the Kiasyd. A Pentex Subversion sealed his fate.
Right: Shoes & Pain was the motto of Ralf’s deck, who managed to hold off the Kiasyd after they overrun the Nosferatu.
Left: Evil, evil, evil. The dark empire that are the Anarch Toreador antitribu took over the game for the third time this year already. We all know who the Emperor is …
Right: Martin played a Dom/Pot Midcap deck again, but only managed to influence out two vampires. A Faerie Ward assisted in the untimely demise of the deck.
Result: Kinner 1 GW 4 VP, Zille 1 VP
The Brazilian National VTES Championship 2011 will be held on from June 22nd to 26th, 2011 (taking advantage of the Corpus Christi holiday) in Niterói, Brazil. Check out the VtES Brazil website and the complete information on the event. It’s a very nice, very long weekend dedicated to playing VTES. The schedule for the event looks like this:
- June 22nd(Wednesday)
- Free day for arrivals, accommodations, etc.
- June 23rd(Thursday, Corpus Christi Holiday)
- Last Chance Qualifier
- Sydnelson’s Birthday Barbecue
- June 24th(Friday)
- Brazilian Championship (Preliminary Rounds)
- Brazilian Cup (Preliminary Rounds)
- June 25th(Saturday)
- Brazilian Championship (Finals)
- Brazilian Cup (Finals)
- VtES Quiz 2011
- June 26th(Sunday)
- Booster Draft (2R+F)
More information (on travel, accommodation, fees, prize support, etc.) can be found on VtES Brazil (in English or Portuguese) or you can contact the organizer of the event via email ( sydnelson (/at/) live (/dot/) com ).
The list of the previous Brazilian VtES champions looks like this:
- 2010 — Fernando Grossi
- 2009 — Fernando “Sydnelson” Cesar
- 2008 — Cirleno Nicácio
- 2007 — Eduardo Kazan
- 2006 — Danilo Fernandes
- 2005 — Leonardo Villela
On February 19th, 2011 the South Australian VtES ACQ 2011 was held in Adelaide, Australia with 14 players attending the final tournament. The final standings after 3 rounds and the final were as follows:
1. Leslie Tatel (PHI) — 2 GW 7 VP — 3 VP — Theo/Donal/Beast POT rush
2. Belinda Brooks (AUS) — 2 GW 5 VP — 1 VP — Malk Toolbox
2. Jeremy Groffen (AUS) — 1 GW 5 VP — 1 VP — Weenie DOM
2. Steve Harris (AUS) — 1 GW 4.5 VP — 0 VP — Baali S/B with Infernal Servants
2. David Wimberley (AUS) — 1 GW 3.5 VP — 0 VP — Salubri AUS Wall
Congratulations to Leslie for his win of the South Australian ACQ 2011. The final standings and a tournament report can be found on VEKN website.