“The Camarilla is the universal organization of vampires that speaks for and legislates every vampire in the world (at least, in theory). Bound by a number of Traditions detailing the creation, behavior and destruction of Kindred, the sect also strives to hide to existence of all vampire activity from mortal eyes. This deception, called the Masquerade, is at the core of the Camarilla’s existence; the struggle to universally uphold the Masquerade is what drives much of the sect’s policy and direction.”
Keepers of Tradition (KoT) is the fifteenth expansion of White Wolf’s trading card game Vampire: The Eternal Struggle, and was released on November 19, 2008. The expansion’s theme are vampires of the Camarilla sect, continuing the support for these clans started in VTES/Jyhad and Camarilla Edition expansions.
Part of the expansion are 4 different pre-constructed decks with 89 cards each as well as boosters with 11 cards each (5 common, 3 vampire, 2 uncommon, and 1 rare). There will be 152 new cards in the booster packs, and 24 new cards in the pre-constructed decks. The pre-constructed decks are:
- Inner Circle Member — the title is now clan-specific and unique (for each clan), similar to the title of a Justicar.
- Dark Influences — a master card that allows to cancel any other player’s minion card as it is played, and prevents the next canceling card to take effect.
- Enkil Cog — an action modifier card that, once attached to a vampire, allows to him act in other player’s turn.
- Villein — a master card which allows the player to move blood from vampires into his pool, similarly to earlier card Minion Tap, and as a side effect makes Minion Taps more expensive. (The latter was later reversed by penalizing only Minion Taps that you play yourself).
- Keepers of Tradition Expansion on VEKN.net
- Keepers of Tradition Card Checklist on Secret Library (defunct)
- A subset of the cards originally published in KoT have been reprinted by Black Chantry in 2018 (in two bundles of 120 cards each).
|Booster Display||36 boosters||WW-2792||$107.64|
|Starter Display||8 starter decks (each type twice)||WW-2793||$79.92|
|Brujah starter deck||89 cards and rulebook||WW-2794||$9.99|
|Malkavian starter deck||89 cards and rulebook||WW-2795||$9.99|
|Toreador starter deck||89 cards and rulebook||WW-2796||$9.99|
|Ventrue starter deck||89 cards and rulebook||WW-2797||$9.99|