Today, the VEKN has launched a second poll on the future of VTES.
We are conducting the second part of the survey regarding the future of V:TES.
The answers given can have real impact on Paradox’s decisions about the game, so please answer both parts of this survey: Main Questions and Demographics.
You may have already provided demographics data during our previous surveys, but it is important to link your current preferences with your current V:TES status.
Given the importance of this survey, we encourage you to ask your friends (even those who are less active or even people who no longer play V:TES) to answer the questions.
— VEKN Team
Today, the VEKN has started a poll about what the preferences of the VTES community are for the future of VTES. The poll gives a couple of options about potential models how VTES could be continued in the future. Please go the poll on VEKN.net and voice your preferences. (The only requirement for participating in the poll seems to be that you need to be logged into the VEKN forum.)
The future is in motion.
VEKN and Paradox had a very constructive Skype meeting a few days ago and they asked us what should be done with VTES. So, in turn, we ask YOU, players, what would you like your game to become.
Please fill in the following survey by rating each choice from 1 (least prefered) to 7 (most prefered) and spread the news around you so the most players can express their opinion. Only registred users can vote. Try to distribute your votes by order of preferences (do not give a 7-mark to all options!) You may choose not to vote at all for options that don’t interest you.
If you have any technical problem with the poll or the registration, you can mail the details to vtesratings (at) gmail (dot) com
— The VEKN
Today, the VEKN has invited players to participate in a poll regarding the latest VTES expansion “The Unaligned“.
Dear fellow Methuselahs,
It is almost 6 months since the release of Vampire: Elder Kindred Network’s second expansion for Vampire: the Eternal Struggle — The Unaligned.
We believe it is enough time for the community to provide feedback regarding this set.
By answering this survey you are helping us to create even better expansions in the future.
Please answer the questions if possible, and send word about this survey to all your friends that play VTES.
Michal Kazmierczak “Migalart”
After having presented six “Decks of the Month” in the past year, I have asked you to pick the Deck of the Year 2014. 158 votes have been cast in this poll.
So the winner for the Deck of Year 2014 is Giulio De Cicco (ITA) with his “Mimir” deck. Congratulations to Giulio for building and winning with this deck. Unfortunately for the winner, there is no actual prize support for this “award” other than your five minutes of fame.
- Mar/Apr 2014: Mimir by Giulio De Cicco (ITA) — a Gangrel antitribu Bleed deck feat. Mimir — 32.91% (52 votes).
- Jul/Aug 2014: Black Suit, Silver Bullet by Roberto Mautone (BRA) — a Toreador Wall deck with a plan. — 15.19% (24 votes).
- Nov/Dec 2014: Kirkonrottia ja muita uskonnollisia juttuja by Marko Lindroos (FIN) — an Imbued/Rockcat crossover — 15.19% (24 votes).
- May/Jun 2014: 419 forms of corruption by Matus Kovalcik (SVK) — 419 Operation times Form of Corruption — 13.29% (21 votes).
- Jan/Feb 2014: Crazy Magic by Jorge Verdi (ESP) — a Aus/Dem/Tha/Obf Big Cap. Toolbox deck — 12.66% (20 votes).
- Sep/Oct 2014: Miam Miam by Guilhem Marrannes (FRA) — a Big Cap Amaranth deck — 10.76% (17 votes).
After having presented six VtES Decks of the Month in the past year here’s the poll for you to pick the Deck of the Year 2014 (see sidebar on the right). There is no actual prize support for this “award” other than your five minutes of fame.
The poll will be closed on February 6th, 2015 (18:00 CET).
Here are the results of the poll on what the focus of the next VTES expansion should be. 93 votes have been cast in the poll by the readers of the blog and this final result:
- Bloodlines — 25.81% — 24 votes
- The Camarilla — 19.35% — 18 votes
- Laibon — 15.05% — 14 votes
- Imbued — 13.98% — 13 votes
- Allies — 8.6% — 8 votes
- Something else / nothing sect related. — 8.6% — 8 votes
- The Sabbat — 5.38% — 5 votes
- Independents — 3.23% — 3 votes
It’s quite interesting to see that the Bloodlines garnered the highest vote count, even though the last official expansion by White Wolf was Heirs to the Blood, which featured the Bloodlines clans. Also quite interesting is the renewed interest in the Camarilla. There are already plenty of group 5 Camarilla vampires around, and but he lack of group 6 vampires for the Camarilla as well as the fact that Keepers of Traditions and Twilight Rebellion have been published six(!) years ago.
P.S:. I just saw the Designer’s Diary for October, and it seems that the next expansion is focused on Anarchs ,, obviously one option I had not offered in the poll. Will to better next time.
Here are the results of the poll, what the favourite mythic vampire from The Returned storyline is for the readers of this blog. 80 readers have participated in the poll.
- Montano — 20% (16 votes)
- The Capuchin — 18.75% (15 votes)
- Baba Yaga — 17.5% (14 votes)
- The Dracon — 17.5% (14 votes)
- They all suck! — 11.25% (9 votes)
- Tremere — 8.75% (7 votes)
- Mithras — 6.25% (5 votes)
Even though Montano has a tiny lead over the rest of the pack, in fact I regard this poll a tie between the first four contestants. The lead has changed so many times, and each of them has been lead, that this last standing can only be regarded as snapshot.