.. you have actually two chances of preventing a referendum by using Yawp Court and Psyche? Imagine the following situation. Arika is calling a referendum, and after blocks are declined Enkidu enters combat with Arika using Yawp Court.
- If Enkidu is beating down Arika in the first combat, then the referendum is canceled per cardtext of Yawp Court.
- But even if Arika manages to survive this combat (e.g. by playing Majesty), Enkidu can play Psyche! to initiate a new combat (even though he will take two damage before that second combat). Enkidu cannot end the referendum anymore by the cardtext of Yawp Court, but he can still try to burn or torporize Arika. This would also end the referendum effectively, since it needs a ready vampire to call a vote.
Last weekend I was playing against a Tupdog Rush combat deck, and there are at least two things that came to my mind which help a little bit when facing this type of deck:
- Try to deny the Tupdog the ability to play As the Crow when he’s taking an action against you, by blocking it. As the Crow is only playable after a successful action.
- When a Tupdog has diablerized, always make sure (if you can) that the Tupdog is burned during the Blood Hunt. This way there will be no replacement for it at the end of the minion phase (as it would be according to the card text of the Tupdog).
The VEKN rules director, Pascal Bertrand has posted the Rules Team Ruling (RTR) 2013-04-22. The most important news is the ban of Lilith’s Blessing from tournament play, which (as the other rulings) is effective from May 22nd onwards). Here’s the full post from vekn.net:
As always, changes contained herein do not go into effect for sanctioned tournaments for 30 days. (So these become active on May 22nd, 2013.)
The notion of “impulse” has been added to the Rulebook. The “impulse” represents the next opportunity to play a card or use an effect. If respects the Sequencing Rule. Only the player with the impulse can play a card or use an effect.
- Additional Strikes
A minion may only gain additional strikes after the initial strike resolution, or after the resolution of one of his or her additional strikes. A minion with unresolved additional strikes cannot gain additional strikes. A minion is limited to gaining additional strikes only from one source each round. A minion cannot pass on using an additional strike.
The VtES constructed tournament named “Dork Side of the Boon IV” will be held in Mayence, Germany on May 5th, 2013. Details are as following:
- Date: May 5th, 2013
- Format: VtES Constructed Tournament
- Rounds: 2 rounds + final (2h each)
Registration: 10:30 — 11:00
Round 1: 11:00 – 13:00
Round 2: 14:00 – 16:00
Final: 16:00 to 18:00
- Entry Fee: 3 EUR
You can pre-register (much appreciated) in the German VEKN forum.
Here are the results of the VtES Constructed tournament “The Fame and the Furious” in Bad Nauheim, Germany. The tournament was played on April 20th, 2013 with 10 players participating. Here are the standings after 2 rounds and the final:
1. Ali A. (GER) — 0 GW 1 VP — 2.5 VP — Malkavian/Malkavian antitribu G3/4 Bleed
2. Rudolf G. (GER) — 1 GW 4.5 VP — 0.5 VP — Anson Ashur Bleed
2. Tobias H. (GER) — 0 GW 2 VP — 0.5 VP — Ventrue G1/2 feat. Arika Obf Vote/Bleed
2. Joscha D. (GER) — 1 GW 5 VP — 0 VP — Tupdog Rush Combat
2. Ralf L. (GER) — 0 GW 1.5 VP — 0 VP — Giovanni G2/3 Khazar’s Diary
Congratulations to Ali for his victory in the tournament.
The VEKN has posted some news about the current state of Print-on-Demand (POD) plans for continuing the publication of VtES. As it turns out, the VEKN team overcame some obstacles on the way of POD for VTES, but it’s not a definitive go .. yet. But read for yourself:
Dear fellow Methuselahs,
It has been awfully quiet around the V:EKN so here comes a much awaited and needed update. And there is good news, the project of bringing V:TES back into print through a print-on-demand program with Onebookshelf, Inc. is advancing well. There are and have been a couple of difficulties to tackle: the printing process and quality, as well as dealing with two licensing parties (CCP and WotC).
The Dutch VtES EC Qualifier 2012 will take place in Utrecht, Netherlands on May 4th, 2013. Here are the details for this constructed tournament:
Date & Time Table:
- Saturday, 4th May 2013
- Doors open/registration: 10:30 h
- First round starting time: 11:00 h
- Expected End: 20:00 h
- De Korenbeurs
3521 BL Utrecht
- Since the location is a cafe/restaurant, it is not allowed to bring your own food or drinks. Parking space is available and day tickets can be bought at the bar for €6.
- 3 rounds, plus final (time limit: 2 h each)
- Please register in advance by replying in the relevant post on the dutch VtES forum. Any questions you might have concerning the tournament can be asked in the same way.
“First principles, Clarice. Simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature? What does he do, this man you seek?” — Hannibal Lecter
Also good deck building advice!
.. if a Methuselah controls two vampires with the same (city) title (e.g. Archbishop and Prince of Washington) the title becomes contested immediately, but more interestingly in the next untap phase one may yield, but the other would have to also yield unless he pays a blood to contest. Also, if one vampire contests and the other yields, then the one who didn’t yield still won’t get the title back until the next untap phase (not the current one).
During GothCon XXXVII on March 30th, 2013 the Swedish VtES EC Qualifier was held in Gothenburg, Sweden with 41 players from 5 countries (Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Germany and the UK) attending the qualifier tournament. The final standings were as follows:
1. Daniel Wiberg (SWE) — 1 GW 5 VP — 2 VP — Tzimisce Weenie Warghouls
2. Daniel Teige (SWE) — 2 GW 6.5 VP — 1 VP — Ventrue antitribu Grinder + extra bounce
2. Marko Lindroos (FIN) — 2 GW 6 VP — 1 VP — Ventrue antitribu Grinder + extra strangeness
2. Magnus Karlström (SWE) — 1 GW 8 VP — 1 VP — Tremere/Tremere Antitribu Stealth Bleed&Bounce
2. Stefan Karlsson (SWE) — 1 GW 6 VP — 0 VP — Maris Streck Warghouls
Congratulations to Daniel for his win of the Swedish ECQ 2013. You can find a tournament report by one of the participants on the Jyhad Stockholm blog.
Here are the results of the “GothCon 2013 Draft” VtES tournament in Gothenberg, Sweden after 2 rounds and final. The draft consisted of three Third Edition, one Ebony Kingdom, one Lords of the Night, one Kindred Most Wanted and one “random” booster. The tournament was played on March 29th, 2013 with 34 players participating during GothCon XXXVII. Here are the standings after the final round:
1. Erik T. (SWE) — 1 GW 4 VP — 3 VP
2. Ida O. (SWE) — 1 GW 5 VP — 2 VP
2. Caroline H. (SWE) 1 GW 4 VP — 0 VP
2. Christoffer L. (SWE) — 1 GW 4.5 VP — 0 VP
2. Tom L. (FIN) — 1 GW 4.5 VP — 0 VP
Congratulations to Erik for his victory in the draft tournament.