On June 1st, 2018, the VEKN has published its newsletter for May 2018. The newsletter covers a number of topics, namely two tournaments reports, that is of the VTES European Grand Prix in Spain and and the one played in Hungary, as well as the tournament winning deck of this year’s Brazilian National VTES Championship.
Read the complete newsletter here: VEKN Newsletter for May 2018 on VEKN.net.
On May 5th, 2018, the VEKN has published its newsletter for April 2018. The newsletter covers a number of topics, namely the release of the latest next VTES set named “Lost Kindred” in print, a short interview with Radoslaw Szewski (head organizer of the European Championship 2018 to be held August 24-26, 2018 in Warsaw, Poland), and a tournament report of the German National VTES championship.
Read the complete newsletter here: VEKN Newsletter for April 2018 on VEKN.net.
“The Puppy Poem” to Pack Alpha with Wolves by Fred Scott
There’s a Setter in your sweater and a Bulldog in your briefs,
there are Boxers in your boxers and they never wanna leave.
There’s a Shih Tzu whose inhabiting your filthy dungarees,
and when you drop your drawers there’s that nasty Bichon Frise.
How ’bout a Schnauzer in your trousers and those Terriers in your togs?
And the baying staying playing’s from a Chinese Crested Dog.
What with foxes in your soxes and the Shar Peis in your shoes,
and that Collie in your collar so you’re never gonna lose.
Know your duds are filled with Pugs, know there’s Chow Chows in your chaps,
and your sportswear’s full of Shorthairs, and there’s Huskies in your hats,
Akitas in your speedos, Springer Spaniels in your spats,
and an Afghan in your caftan, there can’t be too much of that.
When your neck is on the line and the shit has come to pass,
when you realize you’re hurting and you need to fix it fast,
when you’re waiting for a godsend and you want to make it last,
just reach down low, make a fist, and pull puppies from your ass.
From the Ahrimanes Clan Newsletter September 2005.
Currently I am (back) on a weekly schedule to update the VTES Clan Newsletter Archive , that is each weekend I am uploading the clan newsletters for a particular month (e.g. January 2005 during this weekend). Two weeks ago, I finished uploading and editing (most of) the VTES Clan Newsletters that have been published on rec.games.trading-card.jyhad in the 2004. From January to December 2004 there were 100 clan newsletters published in total.
- January 2004 — 9 issues
- February 2004 — 9 issues
- March 2004 — 9 issues
- April 2004 — 11 issues
- May 2004 — 10 issues
- June 2004 — 9 issues
- July 2004 — 10 issues
- August 2004 — 6 issues
- September 2004 — 9 issues
- October 2004 — 4 issues
- November 2004 — 7 issues
- December 2004 — 7 issues
The were a couple of exciting events in 2004 with regards to VTES, both the Gehenna expansion (May 17th) and the Tenth Anniversary (Dec. 13th) were published. In addition in 2004, the Prophecies V:TES League (a series of VTES games with varying rules) was played around the globe.
Here are some highlights of 2004 with regards to VTES and the Clan Newsletters:
- Official V:EKN Caitiff Newsletter February 2004 — the Caitiffs are always somewhat fun to read .. this is one example ..
- Official VEKN Followers of Set Newsletter Vol. 3 Issue 11, February 2004 — Strategy — Dealing with incompetent players
- Assamite Clan Newsletter Vol. 4 Issue 3, March 2004 — Sorcerers Of Alamut — Thaumaturgy and Assamites
- V:EKN Official Tremere Newsletter, April 2004 — Strategy Discussion — CEL/THA combat
- Official V:EKN Tzimisce Newsletter May 2004 — Strategy — Lean Pink Killing-machine — shows how to build a proper war ghoul deck.
- Followers of Set Newsletter Vol. 5 Issue 1, May 2004 — Strategy: Effect vs. Text — details that certain cards have greater effects on the game than just their card text.
- Assamite Clan Newsletter Vol. 4 Issue 5, May 2004 — Short Chain Combat — shows the application of this concept for the Assamites
- VEKN Brujah Newsletter July 2004 — Card of the Month: Brujah Debate — discusses not only the card effects, but how to build an entire deck around the card.
- V:EKN Official Tremere Newsletter, July 2004 — Strategy Discussion — Rush Combat — gives advice on building a Tremere Rush Combat deck.
- The Stone Circle Vol 6, September 2004 — Gargoyle Recipe — apart from a Gargoyle haiku this newsletter also contains an actual cooking recipe.
- Assamite Clan Newsletter Vol. 4 Issue 10, October 2004 — Pretending, And Preys Who Sit — details what you can when you’re playing a rush combat deck and your prey isn’t influencing minions out.
This is the link to the complete list of newsletters for the year 2004
Bonus Question: What newsletter contains the following quote (the rest of said newsletter is of similar quality!):
“This newsletter is best read whilst listening to the volatile ravings of Margaret Thatcher, George Bush and Idi Amin. If these luminaries are your heroes, then you’re reading the right newsletter.“
On March 2nd, 2018, the VEKN has published its newsletter for February 2018. The newsletter covers a number of topics, namely the revelation of the name of the next VTES set (“Lost Kindred“), the changes to the VTES rules which become official in April 2018, and a report on the Grand Prix Belgium tournament including a full transcript of the final round.
Read the complete newsletter here: VEKN Newsletter for February 2018 on VEKN.net.
On January 31st, 2018, the VEKN has published its newsletter for January 2018. The newsletter covers a number of topics, namely a look back in time in the form of the very first VEKN Newsletter back from 1999 from as well as the start of the new series on classic VTES decks, in this case the Ventrue Lawfirm which is discussed in the form of an interview of very experienced VTES players.
Read the complete newsletter here: VEKN Newsletter for January 2018 on VEKN.net.
On December 31st, 2017, the VEKN has published its newsletter for December 2017. The newsletter covers a number of topics, namely a 2017 recap with regards to VTES as well as an interview with Italian player Nicola Lonardi after his victory of Grand Prix Bologna 2017.
Read the complete newsletter here: VEKN Newsletter for December 2017 on VEKN.net.