Earlier this week (on May 31st, 2017), the VEKN has published its latest newsletter (for May 2017). The newsletter covers a number of topics, an extensive report on the VTES European Championship 2017 in Berlin, Germany, an interview with the winner of the EC 2017, Danilo Torrisi and the schedule for the North American Continental Championship 2017 in Columbus, Ohio.
You can read the full VEKN Newsletter for May 2017 on VEKN.net.
I was rummaging through my ready-to-play decks (or better almost-ready-to-play decks), inserting the missing cards that I got from the Anthology set(s), e.g. Anarch Converts, Eyes of Argus, Target Vitals, and the like. So I was thinking, what would be my choices if I had to construct an (albeit fictional) Anthology II set.
Other candidates .. more for building decks than filling existing vacancies in decks, but still ..
What cards what you like to see reprinted. Please let me know in the comments!
The North American VTES Continental Championship 2017 will take place from June 15th to June 18th, 2017. As during the past years, the NAC is part of the Origins convention in Columbus, Ohio.
The schedule for the NAC 2017 looks like this:
- Thursday, June 15th
- Contructed Tournament — 11 AM
- Friday, June 16th
- NAC Day 16 (qualification) — 11 AM
- Saturday, June 17th
- NAC Day 2 (championship) — 11 AM
- Sunday, June 18th
- First Chance Qualifier — 10 AM
There will be the Week of Nightmares prior to the actual NAC tournament (from June 11th to June 14th). The Week of Nightmares is a series of tournament, usually 2R & final, but often these are not standard constructed tournaments, but special formats like for example, a Jyhad-only draft tournament or a Storyline event.
The schedule for the Week of Nightmares looks like this:
- Sunday, June 11th
- Monday, June 12th
- Tournament 2 — 11:30 AM
- Tournament 3 — 06:00 PM
- Tuesday, June 13th
- Tournament 4 — 11:30 AM
- Tournament 5 — 06:00 PM
- Wednesday, June 14th
- Tournament 6 — 11:30 AM
- Tournament 7 — 06:00 PM
The Week of Nightmares events start on Sunday, June 11th and will be hosted at Fabian’s Pizza at 691 N. High St in Columbus, just down the street from the convention center.
For more information (especially on the Week of Nightmare tournament schedule & Origins badge information) you can check the VEKN event calendar, or you ask around on VEKN.net or in the VTES in North America group on Facebook.
The Belgian National VTES Championship 2017 will take place on July 16th, 2017 in Bruxelles, Belgium. Here are the details regarding the tournament:
- First round starting time: 12:00
- Expected finishing time: 21:00
- Type of Event:
- National Championship. Qualifying for this event is not necessary, everyone is welcome to participate.
- Standard Constructed, detailed rules can be found on the VEKN Tournament Rules webpage.
- Number of rounds: 3 + final
- Time limit per round: 2 hours
- Entry fee:
Rue de la Tribune 8
- As it is a National Championship, by the rules the use of proxy cards will not be allowed.
- Note that it is not allowed to bring your own drinks into the shop; bringing your own food is ok, but food is also available at moderate prices.
More information (e.g. on travel & pre-registration) can be found in the Belgian VTES forum and/or on Facebook.
Here are the results from the European Championship (Day 2) tournament that was played during the VTES European Championship 2017 on May 14th, 2017 in Berlin, Germany. 40 players participated in this EC tournament, the standings after 3 rounds and the final were as follows:
1. Danilo Torrisi (ITA) — 2 GW 8 VP – 1 VP — Saulot & Friends Wall
2. Jorge Delgado (ESP) — 2 GW 7 VP — 0.5 VP — Antonio Nephandus
2. Noora Hirvonen (FIN) — 1 GW 6 VP – 0.5 VP — The Unnamed Bleed
2. Carlos Santos (POR) — 1 GW 6 VP – 0.5 VP — Tzimice Block & Vote
2. Orian Gissler (FRA) — 1 GW 6 VP – 0 VP — Weenie Malkavian Reversal of Fortune
Congratulations to Danilo for winning the Day 2 tournament of the VTES EC 2017, which makes him the European VTES Champion for 2017 (and the first Italian to get this title). You can also find a full transcript of the game on VEKN.net.
Here are the results from the European Championship (Day 1) tournament that was played during the VTES European Championship 2017 on May 13th, 2017 in Berlin, Germany. The extraordinary number of 156 players participated in this EC tournament, the standings after 3 rounds and the final were as follows:
1. Francois Greiner (FRA) — 3 GW 10 VP — 4 VP — Ventrue Princes Grinder
2. Gianluca Bianco (ITA) — 2 GW 10 VP — 1 VP — Weenie Dementation Bleed
2. Michal Hrebejk (CZE) — 2 GW 9 VP — 0 VP — Carna & Friends Wall
2. Carlo Daniele (ITA) — 2 GW 8 VP — 0 VP — Weenie/MidCap Malkavian antitribu Toolbox
2. Ivan Marin-Rivas (SWE) — 2 GW 8 VP — 0 VP — Lutz/Unmada Vote
Congratulations to Francois for winning the Day 1 tournament of the European VTES Championship 2017 (with an astonishing 4 Game Wins out of 4 games). 40 players qualified for the Day 2 tournament. You needed 1 GW 4 VP (and TPs) for the qualification.
Here are the results from the Nations Cup tournament that was played during the VTES European Championship 2017 on May 12th, 2017 in Berlin, Germany. 76 players players representing 8 nations participated in this EC tournament. The standings after 2 rounds and the final were as follows:
1. Alain Greiner (FRA) — 1 GW 6 VP — 3 VP — Antonio Nephandus
2. Danilo Torrisi (ITA) — 2 GW 5 VP — 2 VP — Maris/Lutz Vote
2. Franz-Stephan Adametz (AUT) — 2 GW 7 VP — 0 VP —
2. Lukas Vrbicky (CZE) — 1 GW 5.5 VP — 0 VP —
2. Michal Hrebejk (CZE) — 1 GW 5 VP — 0 VP —
In addition to the top 5 player’s finals, there was a second final, where the best placed nations could also delegate (another) player. Team Belgium (represented by Emiliano Imeroni) won this tournament. Unfortunately I lost my notes of the results of two finals results, so I have to reacquire most the information.
Congratulations to both Alain and team Belgium for winning the final rounds of tournament of the European VTES Championship 2017 respectively.