On April 16th, 2016 the VTES Northwest NAC Qualifier was held in Seattle, Washington with 10 players attending the qualifier tournament. The final standings after 3 rounds and finals were as follows:
1. John McGlynn (USA) — 1 GW 5.5 VP –0.5 VP — Weenie Animalism Wall
2. Kelly Schultz (USA) — 1 GW 4.5 VP –0.5 VP — Baali Striga MMPA
2. Kevin Mitcham (USA) — 0 GW 3.5 VP –0.5 VP — Rachael Brandywine Madness Network
2. Brian Moritz (USA) — 0 GW 2 VP –0.5 VP — Big Cap Lasombra Vote & Bleed
2. Darby Keeney (USA) — 0 GW 3 VP –0.5 VP — Big Cap Vote & Bleed
Congratulations to John for his win of the Northwestern Qualifier 2016.
Here are the results of the VTES Constructed tournament “Salinencon 2016” in Bad Nauheim, Germany. The tournament was played on April 9th, 2016 with 8 players participating (the multi-deck format was used). Here are the standings after 3 rounds and the final:
1. Martin S. (GER) — 2 GW 5 VP — 1.5 VP — Adana & Friends Vote & Bleed
2. Sebastian M. (GER) — 1 GW 4 VP — 1.5 VP — Lazvernius & Friends Wallish (“Houston Under Siege”)
2. Alexander T. (GER) — 2 GW 6 VP — 1 VP — Saulot Anarch Wall
2. Ali A. (GER) — 1 GW 4 VP — 0 VP — Dmitri Borodin & Friends Wall
2. Rudolf G. (GER) — 0 GW 2 VP — 0 VP — Montano Purge & Mind Rape
Congratulations to Martin for his victory in the tournament.
The VEKN has released a statement regarding the next VTES expansion (again based on PDF) on April 10th, 2016. But read for yourself:
Mike Nudd and I just had a lengthy Skype call where we went over design goals for the next set and started on card design. The next set will be Bloodlines-themed and we’re aiming for around 50 cards, focussing mainly on the following clans:
- Blood Brothers
- Harbingers of Skulls
- Salubri anitribu
We may make cards for other clans as space permits. We know you want all the things and we’d like to make all the things, but to do that would probably mean about a 100-card set, which we don’t have the playtest and artist resources for. We’ll focus on the Bloodlines clans that need the most help for this set, and we’ll circle back and cover the remaining Bloodlines clans in a follow-up set.
Crypt-wise, we plan to address mainly Group 6 crypt needs, but other groups are likely to get treatment depending on need. Library-wise, we’ll have a better idea how many library cards per clan to expect as we get further into the design process, but something like “a few”.
The design of this set has nothing to do with anything Paradox/White Wolf may have planned — we have no information pertaining to that. We’re just going to carry on with designing cards as normal until we’re told to stop or told to do something different.
We’re planning to start playtesting in mid-May, with a release date of November-ish. More details to come as we figure them out!
— Ben Peal, V:EKN Design Team
.. when you’re playing Shattering Crescendo, you already need the second copy of Shattering Crescendo in your hand and you cannot rely on drawing a second copy of the card as replacement for the initial Shattering Crescendo? The reason is, that you need to be able to pay the “cost” of the card when announcing the action. This comparable to not being able to play an action card that costs two blood when you only have one and/or having the weapon in your hand when you’re playing Concealed Weapon.
Reference: [LSJ 2010-08-02]