The English VtES EC Qualifier 2013 will take place in Burton-on-Trent, England on May 18th, 2013. The tournament is part of the 23rd Beer & Pretzels Games Weekend, which takes place from May 12th to 13th in Burton-on-Trent. Here are the details for this constructed tournament:
- 3 Rounds & Final.
- Standard Constructed. Detailed rules can be found on the VEKN tournament rules webpage.
- 10.00 AM — Event Opens
- 10.15 AM – 11.00 am — Registration
- 11.00 AM – 01.00 pm — First round
- 01.00 PM – 01.45 pm — Break
- 01.45 PM – 03.45 pm — Second round
- 04.00 PM – 06.00 pm — Third round
- 06.15 PM – 08.15 pm — Final
- £6/7 including entry to Beer & Pretzels (which is £5 tbc)
- Boosters and promos for everyone.
- Original Ken Meyer artwork for winner (or potential artwork special).
- Beer & limited food available at the venue
- Nearby airports:
- Manchester — 90 mins
- Birmingham — 50 mins
- East Midlands Airport — 15 miles
- London Stansted is approx. 3 hrs train.
- Burton is approximately 2/2.5 hours by train from central London
- Please see National Rail for more accurate public transport times.
For more details refer to the announcement on UK VtES Forum.
The Polish EC Qualifier 2013 will be held on June 29th, 2013 in Wrocław , Poland . The details for the tournament are as following:
- Type of Event: European Championship Qualifier
- Klub ‘Salonik’
ul. Braniborska 2/10
- Time Table:
- 11:00 – 12:00 — Registration
- 12:15 – 14:15 — First Round
- 14:30 – 16:30 — Second Round
- 16:30 – 17:30 — Break
- 17:45 – 19:45 — Third Round
- 20:00 – 22:00 — Finał
- Entry fee: tbd
- Format: 3R + final (2h time limit each)
- Rules: Standard Constructed. Detailed rules can be found on the VEKN Tournament Rules webpage.
- Decklist: required
- VEKN ID: required
In case of questions you post them in the Polish VtES Forum or contact the organizers via email (“klocek (/at/) o2 (/dot/) pl”).
On March 16th, 2013 the Polish National VtES Championship 2013 was held in Nowa Sól, Poland with 34 players attending the tournament. The final standings after 3 rounds and the final were as follows:
1. Jakub Baranowski (POL) — 1 GW 5 VP — 2 VP — Goratrix Wall
2. Radoslaw Staszewski (POL) — 2 GW 10 VP — 1 VP — Anarch Theo+Beast+Rock Cats
2. Michal Kaszubski (POL) — 2 GW 7 VP — 1 VP — Big Cap DOM Powerbleed with Mind Rape
2. Michal Kochanowski (POL) — 1 GW 6 VP — 1 VP — Lasombra G2/3 Bleed/Vote
2. Marcin Watras (POL) — 1 GW VP 5 — 0 VP — Tupdog+Rock Cats with Autarkis Persecution
Congratulations to Jakub for his win of the Polish Nationals 2013. You can find the final standings in the Polish VtES Forum.
The Deck of the Month for Jan/Feb 2013 is the tournament winning deck “Mano negra illegal 2012” played by Gergo Gyarmati (HUN). The deck is basically an Auspex wall(ish) deck, it has a strong Black Hand angle. I like especially the reasonably sized combat package consisting of Psychic Assault and Target Vitals, which can give decks relying on damage prevention a bit of trouble. Plus the crypt has a rather unusual composition, with Sennadurek as its star.
While the January was a bit of a slow month, the February was very decent in terms of deck quality, although nothing really excelled, and the race of the DotM was very close. Interesting decks included:
- Nadima Wall by Pedro Coelho (BRZ) — although the name is strictly speaking correct, I wouldn’t call deck with 14 actions cards (ony one or two of which can be considered as wallish) a wall deck. This is a solid toolbox deck based on Protean & Serpentis.
- The decks that that got a price for wackiness (but maybe less so for efficiency):
- Revolutionist Uprising by Matt Wedge — this ia I am still waiting for the breakout deck of The Rising (although Csaba’s Rising Dementia deck is close).
- Assamite Black Hand Bleed by Kamel Senni/Romain Naim (FRA) — very nice deck, but too close to Izaak’s Pancake Mix deck.
- Nehemia MiNitzeto Politico by Enrique Lopez & Lander Ladislao (ESP) — a Temporis based political deck featuring Nemiah.
- the unaligned revolutionaries by Matti Palomäki (FIN) — an interesting tap&bleed deck using Art’s Traumatic Essence to tap vampires.
One general note: Is it only me, who is seeing more and more Tremere or Tremere antitribu decks these days? My thinking is that they’re the new Ventrue antitribu Grinder deck, equally capable of withstanding pressure and fighting back, but effective against both Animalism and the Ventrue or Ventrue antitribu stick men decks, that have been popular the past few years.
.. when you’re playing Bribes, you’re gaining a pool immediately. Even if the referendum is canceled (e.g. by Delaying Tactics) you got to keep the pool. The other players trying to cash their pool on the other hand have to wait until the results of the referendum are applied. And if Delaying Tactics or Vox Domini is played before that nobody (except the acting player) gets pool for Bribes (as per cardtext).