Anarchs (AN) is the fifth expansion of White Wolf’s trading card game Vampire: The Eternal Struggle released on May 19, 2003. The expansion’s theme is the Anarch movement within the vampire society. Anarchs can use special three-way cards, i.e. cards can be played for one of three effects that each require a different discipline. The expansion also features the Gangrel clan, which suits the expansion’s theme, since at that time in the fictional world of Vampire: The Masquerade the Gangrel clan left the Camarilla sect and joined the Independent sect.
Part of the expansion are 3 different pre-constructed decks with 89 cards each as well as boosters with 11 cards each (7 common, 3 uncommon, and 1 rare). There is a total of 132 cards, of which 122 are new cards. The pre-constructed decks are:
- Gangrel (SL) — featuring the now Independent Gangrel clan.
- Barons (SL) — a political deck based on the Anarchs.
- Gangs (SL) — a combat deck based on the Anarchs.
The vampire Xaviar (also included in this set) was given as a promo card in a number of magazines.
- Advanced — advanced vampires are alternate versions of a vampire with the same name. They can be merged with the base versions, creating a more powerful vampire than the individual persons before.
- Trifles — trifle master cards can be played in advance to a regular (i.e. non-trifle) master card.
- Anarch — a trait of a vampire, allowing him to use special cards. Any non-titled vampire can acquire the Anarch status as cardless action. She then is automatically a member of the Independent sect.
- Baron — a new title exclusive to Anarchs; the title has similar authority than a Prince or an Archbishop. A number of Fee Stake cards allow an Anarch to claim the Baron title for a particular city.
- Political cards — when used as vote in a referendum can now be redrawn immediately.
- Bleeding the Vine — a master cards that allows a player to cancel other player’s master cards once each turn.
- Brinkmanship — a political action which makes the player lose if he depletes his library.
- Michael Luther — a young vampire of clan Toreador able to change the votes of any Camarilla vampire.
|Booster Display||36 boosters||WW-2510||$99.00|
|Starter Display||6 starter decks||WW-2512||$59,70|
|Gangrel starter deck||89 cards and rulebook||WW-2513||$9.95|
|Barons starter deck||89 cards and rulebook||WW-2514||$9.95|
|Gangs starter deck||89 cards and rulebook||WW-2515||$9.95|