Sabbat (S) is the third expansion of White Wolf’s trading card game Vampire: The Eternal Struggle released on October 28, 1996 — and the last expansion published by Wizards of the Coast. The expansion’s theme is the Sabbat sect.
The expansion added 10 new clans belonging to the Sabbat sect, in particular:
- Brujah antitribu
- Gangrel antitribu
- Malkavian antitribu
- Nosferatu antitribu
- Toreador antitribu
- Tremere antitribu
- Ventrue antitribu
This expansion consists only of booster packs with 28 cards each (16 common, 5 vampire, 5 uncommon and 2 rare). The size of the boosters were unusually large in comparison to other Vampire: The Eternal Struggle expansions. There is a total of 410 cards. The expansion has an odd status of being an expansion (there are only boosters) and a base set (due to its size and introduction of the Sabbat) at the same time.
- Sabbat — the Sabbat sect was introduced in this expansion.
- Bishop, Archbishop, Cardinal, Priscus — are political titles which only Sabbat vampires can hold. The titles are comparable to their Camarilla counterparts with the exception of the Priscus title.
- Dementation, Obtenebration, Vicissitude — are three new disciplines (powers)
- Awe — an action modifier requiring Presence allowing to gain an enormous amount of votes during a political action.
- Carrion Crows — a combat card requiring Animalism that inflicts attrition damage during multiple rounds of combat.
- Direct Intervention — a master card that allows to cancel any other player’s minion card as it is played.
- Disarm — a combat card requiring Potence that sends the opposing vampire to torpor if he has suffered more damage than the other vampire in a round of combat.
- Mind Rape — an action card requiring Dominate allowing temporary control of another vampire.
- Beast, Leatherface of Detroit — a vampire of clan Nosferatu antitribu, the archetypical vampire for a rush combat deck.
- Ian Forestal — a vampire of clan Tremere antitribu, that can play almost any discipline requiring card in the game.
- Jimmy Dunn — a young vampire of clan Pander. If a second copy of Jimmy Dunn enters play the first one is discarded immediately instead of the usual contest.
|Booster Display||24 boosters||WOC-16055||$94.80|
|Booster||28 cards and rules update||WOC-6055||$3.95|