On November 25th, 2012 the German National VtES Championship 2012 was held in Bad Nauheim, Germany with 10 players attending the final tournament. The final standings after three rounds and the final were as follows:
1. Merijn van der Vliet (NED) — 1 GW 3 VP — 4 VP
2. Joscha Düll (GER) — 1 GW 6.5 VP — 1 VP
2. Robert Fängler (GER) — 1 GW 6.5 VP — 0 VP
2. Ralf Weppner (GER) — 1 GW 3 VP — 0 VP
2. Dietmar Range (FRA) — 0 GW 5 VP — 0 VP
Congratulations to Merijn for his win of the German Draft Championship 2012. The seven boosters drafted were 2x Third Edition, 2x Sword of Caine, 2x Third Edition and 1x Black Hand (in that order), resulting in a large number decks playing Black Hand, and especially Seraph tech (read: Tattoo Signal).
Here are the results of the “GothCon 2012 Draft” VtES tournament in Gothenberg, Sweden after 2 rounds and final. Drafted were three Lords of the Night boosters, followed by another three 3rd Edition boosters and one Dark Sovereigns booster. The tournament was played on April 6th, 2012 with 34 players participating during GothCon XXXVI. Here are the standings after the final round:
1. Hugh A. (UK) — 1 GW 6 VP — 3 VP
2. Pascal B. (FRA) — 1 GW 5 VP — 2 VP
2. Marko L. (FIN) — 2 GW 8 VP — 0 VP
2. Caroline H. (SWE) — 2 GW 8 VP — 0 VP
2. Michael H. (SWE) — 2 GW 6 VP — 0 VP
Congratulations to Hugh for his victory in the draft tournament.
A special VtES draft tournament named “Ebony Kingdom Frankfurt” will be held in Frankfurt a.M., Germanyon December 30th, 2011.
- Date: December 30st, 2011
Mainzer Landstr. 16-24
60325 Frankfurt am Main
- Format: Non-Sanctioned Draft Tournament
- Rounds: 2 rounds + final (each round 90 minutes only)
Draft: 18:00 to 19:00
Round 1: 19:15 – 20:45
Round 2: 20:45 – 22:15
Final: 22:15 to 23:45
- Entry Fee: 1 EUR + 2 EUR for each booster
- Content of the Draft (possibly subject to change):
3x Ebony Kingdom,
2x Legacies of Blood,
3x Third Edition
40 cards is the minimum library size (no recursion), 8 cards minimum crypt size.
- Special Rules:
- There are one copy of three extra cards which are placed in the middle of the table and can be acquired (by taking an action). See the sample cards (possibly subject to change). Update: New versions of the cards have been uploaded!
- Each players may also include 3 Aye and 3 Orun as addition to his 40+ card library. The Aye and Orun added this way don’t count for the minimum number of 40 cards of the library.
Here are the results of “Fee Stake: Frankfurt” VtES Draft tournament in Frankfurt a.M., Germany after 2 rounds and the final. The tournament was played on December 30th, 2010 with 10 players participating. Here are the standings after the final round:
1. Joscha D. — 1 GW 4 VP — 0.5 VP — Jack Drake & Friends Open War
2. Robert F. — 1 GW 3 VP — 0.5 VP — Ventrue antitribu something ..
2. Rudolf G. — 1 GW 2,5 VP — 0.5 VP — Lasombra & Friends Steely Tenacity
2. Alexander T. — 0 GW 2,5 VP — 0.5 VP — Tremere Steely Tenacity
2. Ralf L. — 0 GW 2 VP — 0.5 VP — Gangrel feat. Dimitra Monkey Wrench
Congratulations to Joscha for his victory in the tournament. Draft basis were 3x Twilight Rebellion, 2x 3rd Edition and 1x Keepers of Traditionboosters. In addition, there were some special rules in effect (making the event a non-rated one):
- Due to time constraints, the time limit for each round was limited to 90 minutes only. Despite this in 5 games there were 3 game wins.
- There were six (local) Fee Stakes available (see below), each with its own card text. Before each round from these six two Fee Stakes were given to each of the tables and placed in the middle of the table. Every Anarch (with capacity above 4) could take an action to acquire one of the Fee Stake in the middle of the table. If the Fee Stake is voted down, or the current Baron of a particular Fee Stake is burned or removed from game, the Fee Stake card is moved back to middle of the table.
Left: Fee Stake Darmstadt
Left: Fee Stake Frankfurt a.M.
Left: Fee Stake Kassel
Right: Fee Stake Mainz
Left: Fee Stake Marburg
Right: Fee Stake Wiesbaden
The specific cities for the Fee Stakes were selected because there are (or were) VtES playgroups in these cities of the German state of Hesse.
Here are the results from the VtES European Draft Championship, which was played on May 1st, 2010 in in Ludwigshafen, Germany with 18 players participating. The standings of the final round were as follows:
1. Hugh Angseesing (ENG) — 1 GW 4,5 VP — 1,5 VP — Weenie Pro/Ani/Pot Swarm
2. Sebastian Meurer (GER) — 2 GW 8 VP — 0,5 VP — Malkavian Moving Wall (not S&B)
2. Ralf Lammert (GER) — 1 GW 5 VP — 0,5 VP — !Gangrel/Gangrel Bleed
2. Vincent Ripoll (FRA) — 1 GW 4,5 VP — 0,5 VP — Ventrue Vote/Bleed
2. Andreas Nusser (GER) — 2 GW 9 VP — 0 VP — !Malkavian Stealth&Bleed
Congratulations to Hugh for winning the VtES European Draft Championship 2010. The draft was based on 5 Keepers of Traditions and 4 3rd Edition boosters. Photos to be published later.
Here are the results of the “GothCon 2010 Draft” VtES tournament in Gothenberg, Sweden after 2 rounds and final. Drafted were 4 3rd Edition boosters, followed by another 4 boosters of Keepers of Tradition. The tournament was played on April 2nd, 2010 with 29 players participating during GothCon XXXIV. Here are the standings after the final round:
1. Alex E. (SWE) — 1 GW 4 VP — 3 VP
2. Marko L.(FIN) — 2 GW 6 VP — 2 VP
2. Randal R. (SWE) — 2 GW 7 VP — 0 VP
2. Erik T. (SWE) — 1 GW 6 VP — 0 VP
2. Alex G. (SWE) — 1 GW 5 VP — 0
Congratulations to Alex for his victory in the draft tournament.
Left: The final table of the draft tournament early on.
Right: Closeup of the final table.
After the very successful “European VtES Draft Championship” two years ago we are happy to announce that this year will see the second installment of this great event.
This time around, vtes.de is inviting all European players to join in a weekend of tough struggles, vicious politicking and nasty fighting with tooth and nail. Many consider the draft to be the queen of tournaments, as players cannot rely on an established and well-tested deck but instead have to adapt to a game environment which is rapidly changing all the time. Do you have what it takes to conquer the European Nights?
- The Eurodraft will take place on Saturday. Winner will be awarded with the European VtES Draft Champion title of 2010.
- Sunday will be devoted to the German Continental Qualifier — please note that you will not have to qualify for this event. The top 5 players will automatically qualify for participation in any Continental Championship in 2010.
- The event will take place on the 1st and 2nd of May, 2010 in DasHaus in Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany. Amongst European players this location is well-known due to the numerous events such as qualifier tournaments and national championships which took place there in the past. It offers more than enough room for about 100 players in two different rooms. Drinks will be available on location.
- Eurodraft: Draft from 9 Boosters — 3 rounds + finals
- German Continental Qualifier: Standard Constructed — 3 rounds + finals
- The rules for the tournaments are detailed in the official VEKN tournament rules.
- Saturday (May, 1st) — Eurodraft 2010
- Registration — 10:00 – 11:00
- Draft & Decklists — 11:15 – 12:15
- 1st Round — 12:30 – 14:30
- 2nd Round — 15:30 – 17:30
- 3rd Round — 17:45 – 19:45
- Finals — 20:00 – 22:00
- Sunday (May, 2nd) — German Continental Qualifier 2010
- Registration — 10:00 – 10:45
- 1st Round — 11:00 – 13:00
- 2nd Round — 14:00 – 16:00
- 3rd Round — 16:15 – 18:15
- Finals — 18:30 – 20:30
- 5 EUR admission fee for both days + cost of cards for the draft (about 20 EUR)
More Details and Registration
Address of the location