Sabbat War (SW) is the fourth expansion of White Wolf’s trading card game Vampire: The Eternal Struggle released on October 31, 2000 and is the first expansion published by White Wolf after Wizards of the Coast had abandoned the game in 1996. The expansion’s theme is the Sabbat sect, which is a repeat of the previously Sabbat expansion. In contrast to the Sabbat expansion, this set also contained pre-constructed starter decks for the first time. Most of the additional vampires (not available in the Sabbat set) were taken from the Vampire: The Masquerade clan novels.
Part of the expansion are 4 different pre-constructed decks with 89 cards each as well as boosters with 11 cards each. The distribution in the boosters is different, the first printing contains 5 common, 3 vampire, 2 uncommon and 1 rare, the second and later printing 4 common, 3 vampire, 3 uncommon and 1 rare. There is a total of 437 cards in this set. The pre-constructed decks are:
- Do Not Replace Until After Action — this clause cited on some cards replaced the clause Do Not Replace Until After Combat for ease of play
- Contesting Cities — if both a Prince and Archbishop hold their titles in the same city they do now contest the title.
- Chiropteran Marauder — a combat card requiring Vicissitude making the hand damage of vampire combat aggravated.
- Powerbase: Montreal — a master card given a free pool (life) to an uncontrolled vampire each turn.
- Telepathic Tracking — a combat card requiring Auspex allowing a vampire to continue combat even though it would normally end (i.e. after a Strike: Combat Ends effect has been played).
- Omaya — a vampire of clan Gangrel antitribu well suited for wall decks.
- Dolphin Black — a vampire of clan Malkavian antitribu, the archetypical vampire for a stealth & bleed deck.
|Starter Display||8 starter decks (each type twice)||WW-2550||$79.60|
|Tzimisce starter deck||89 cards and rulebook||WW-2551||$9.95|
|Lasombra starter deck||89 cards and rulebook||WW-2552||$9.95|
|Ventrue antitribu starter deck||89 cards and rulebook||WW-2553||$9.95|
|Brujah antitribu starter deck||89 cards and rulebook||WW-2554||$9.95|
|Booster Display||36 boosters||WW-2555||$99.00|