Following the previews for a number of other bloodlines, on Friday the preview of the Gargoyles related cards of the for the new VTES expansion “Lost Kindred“. Aside from the two cards actually shown as pictures, the card text of all Gargoyle-related cards are presented (5 crypt cards and 4 library cards).
But see for yourself on vekn.net.
Following the previews for three bloodlines, on Thursday the preview of the Salubri antitribu related cards of the for the new VTES expansion “Lost Kindred“. Aside from the two cards actually shown as pictures, the card text of all Salubri antitribu-related cards are presented (4 crypt cards and 3 library cards).
But see for yourself on vekn.net.
Good news from the VEKN design team yesterday. Mike & Ben have finished the design of the next VTES expansion, which is basically a Bloodlines expansion with a focus on the Blood Brothers, the Gargoyles, the Salubri antitribu, the Harbingers of Skulls, and the Samedi. (If you want to, these are the bloodlines in VTES, which are less successful in tournaments and other competitive game environments, when compared to the Kiasyd or the Baali). The set will most likely have 20 crypt and 21 library cards, which are now on their way to White Wolf for review and approval. If that commences, the play-testing phase will start ..
This information is from a post by LSJ, answering the question how rare, uncommon, common and vampire cards are distributed in the Jyhad series. It dates from May 26th, 1998. It also explains how/why there a two different grades rare (R1/R2) and uncommon (U1/U2) rarities. R1/U1 are those cards that only appear once on a rare/uncommon print sheet, whereas R2/U2 appear twice on the same sheets.
|Type of card
* There may not be 4/16 actual vampires: some of the spaces on the vampire sheet are taken up with vote cards.
This is the overall number of different rares, uncommons, commons, and vampires (related to given print sheet 11×11).
- Rares: 92 on a 121 sheet (29 are duplicated)
- Uncommon: 103 on a 121 sheet (18 are duplicated)
- Common: 121 on a 121 sheet
- Vampire: 111 vamps + 10 votes on a 121 sheet
Today (April 16th, 2015), the VEKN revealed the last card from the Storyline Rewards expansion. As usual the card will be tournament legal a month after its release, that is May 16th, 2015. But read the full post for yourself:
This is the final card from the Storyline Rewards 2015 mini-set. It was held from the main release as we were still waiting for its artwork. The previous artist assigned to this card ran to unforeseen complications, so Ginés Quiñonero stepped up and got the artwork done.
As for the card itself, it is the Advanced version of Masika. The card’s origins start in a storyline event in Lisbon, Portugal in May of 2009, regarding the conflict in the power vacuum that appeared after Monçada’s final death:
This storyline continued in the Friday 13th Storyline at the 2009 EC, where Masika was rewarded for his assistance of the Tremere by being granted the domain of Lisbon:
The VEKN just published the designers’ diary entry for October 2014 on vekn.net. This time the next (yet unnamed) expansion is briefly discussed. But see yourself:
I had a fantastic weekend at the European Championships in Mannheim. Many thanks to everyone who attended — it was great seeing you all! Many thanks to the hosts, as well!
At the EC Mike and I gave a presentation and Q&A session for the new expansion, The Unaligned. By now you’ve all seen the cards, but here are some additional announcements from the presentation:
- The next set, due in October of 2015, will be Anarch-themed. It will be 50 or so cards in size. We’re strongly considering Bloodlines for 2016.
- Playtesting for the next set will start in November. Please talk to Playtest Coordinator Hugh Angseesing (Squidalot on vekn.net) if you’d like to be a playtester.
- If you have ideas for Anarch cards, or any other cards, feel free to post them in the Expansion Sets & Card Ideas forum on vekn.net. We do read that forum — Illusory Resources from The Unaligned was directly inspired by a post there.
- An even better way to try out card ideas is to run a Storyline event! They get your ideas out there and tested in actual games. Talk to Storyline Coordinator Mike Nudd (mikelosaurus on vekn.net) if you’d like to do this.
- We’ll be releasing some overdue Storyline reward cards sometime in the next several months. This will include older Storyline events, such as the Battle Lines event, and the Budapest EC Storyline. We’ll also be reviewing the crypt cards from The Returned event for possible approval in sanctioned tournaments. We don’t have an exact release date for these as they’ll need testing and we’ll need artwork for a couple of cards, but we’re hoping to have them ready by February.
- We’re very grateful for all of the work that our artists have contributed. I highly recommend checking out their other works in their portfolios. Most of them are available for commissioned work, and some have prints and original pieces for sale. You can find the list of artists and links to their online portfolios here: http://www.vekn.net/vekn-artists
That’s all for now! Have a great weekend!
— Ben Peal and the V:EKN Design Team
On the occasion of the VTES European Championship 2014 in Mannheim, Germany, the new VTES Expansion “The Unaligned” has been officially released. After the end of the EC Day 1 tournament, the VEKN design team represented by Ben Peal and Mike Nudd, showed the new crypt and library card to the participants of the EC. There are 25 new library and 46 new crypt (all for the five independent clans in the deck). The Gangrel got two extra crypt cards of the last storyline event, namely Brunhilde (ADV) and the Valkyries. The set was very well received by the audience, but time will tell how this set will actually have lasting impact on the game.
Full information on the expansion including the ready-to-print PDF files on VEKN.net.