During the Day 2 tournament of the EC Vincent (french VTES player) is asked about his consent passing an Alastor vote. To which he agrees providing only a Helicopter is fetched in the process. But when Dmitra as a new Alastor gets an AK-47 instead, the betrayed Vincent dryly replies:
“Oh, Helicopter has got a new picture.”
I read some rule questions about the Shadow Court Satyr (SCS) and checked the VtES Usenet Newsgroup for some answers and finally came up with the short “Questions and Answers” summary for the card. Most of the information is taken from the VtES Usenet Newsgroup “rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad“, some from VEKN.net.
Question: Can I play any combat card on Shadow Court Satyr.
Answer: Yes, any combat card. But the question is if SCS can actually use them in combat, e.g. he still needs to meets the requirements of that combat card and he must be able to pay its cost.
Question: Can I use Taste of Vitae on Shadow Court Satyr?
Answer: Yes, in combat SCS can use Taste of Vitae, because the clause “as a vampire” also applies here, too, even though Taste of Vitae doesn’t require a discipline (covered by the “if any” sub-clause at the end of the card text).
Here are the results of the VtES South American Championship 2012, which was played on November 17th, 2012 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil with 15 players attending the final tournament. The standings of the final round were as follows:
1. Sergio Nascimento (BRA) — 1 GW 5 VP — 5 VP — Antonio d’Erlette Nephandus
2. Filipe Iorio (BRA) — 1 GW 5 VP — 0 VP —
2. Anderson Garcia (BRA) — 2 GW 9 VP — 0 VP —
2. Roberto Pascek (BRA) — 1 GW 6 VP — 0 VP — Stanislava Renegade Garou Rush/Bloat
2. André Ribeiro (BRA) — 1 GW 4 VP — 0 VP —
Congratulations to Sergio for winning the South American Championship 2012. You can find the tournament winning deck in the VEKN.net forum and more information on VtES Rio</a. Sydnelson also has uploaded a ton of pictures of the event on Skydrive.
On November 16th, 2012 the Brazilian National VtES Championship 2012 was held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil with 20 players attending the tournament. The final standings after 3 rounds and the final were as follows:
1. Roberto Pascek (BRA) — 2 GW 7 VP — Animalism Combat
2. Anderson Garcia (BRA) — 2 GW 7 VP —
2. Sergio Nascimento (BRA) — 2 GW 5,5 VP — Malgorzata & Friends Bloat
2. Fernanda Nunes (BRA) — 1 GW 8 VP —
2. Tiago Honorato (BRA) — 1 GW 5 VP — Brujah/Brujah antitribu G1/2 Cel Gun
Congratulations to Roberto for his win of the Brazilian Nationals 2012. The final standings and the tournament winning deck have been posted in the VEKN.net and VTES Rio respectively.
The seventh episode (of the fourth season) of the VTES webshow Cause and Effect has been broadcasted live this Sunday (November 25th, 2012). Anders, Adam and Isak talk about the Ventrue Lawfirm decktype and its variations, especially with regards to the crypt composition.
The UK National VtES Championship 2012 has been played on November 24th, 2012 in London, UK with 17 players attending the tournament. The standings after 3 rounds and the final were as follows:
1. Hugh Angseesing (UK) — 1 GW 4.5 VP — 1.5 VP — Brujah antritribu feat. Anson Cel Gun
2. Fernando Viciano (ESP) — 3 GW 10 VP — 0.5 VP — Ventrue G1/2 Lawfirm
2. Boris Mailhé (UK) — 1 GW 5 VP — 0.5 VP — Euro-Brujah
2. Matt Boon (UK) — 1 GW 3.5 VP — 0.5 VP — Toreador antitribu antitribu Breed&Boon
2. Artur Siupik (POL) — 1 GW 5 VP — 0 VP — Weenie Celerity Gun
Congratulations to Hugh for his win of the UK Nationals 2012. You can find the tournament winning deck and the final standings in the VEKN.net forum.
On November 25th, 2012 the German National VtES Championship 2012 was held in Bad Nauheim, Germany with 10 players attending the final tournament. The final standings after three rounds and the final were as follows:
1. Merijn van der Vliet (NED) — 1 GW 3 VP — 4 VP
2. Joscha Düll (GER) — 1 GW 6.5 VP — 1 VP
2. Robert Fängler (GER) — 1 GW 6.5 VP — 0 VP
2. Ralf Weppner (GER) — 1 GW 3 VP — 0 VP
2. Dietmar Range (FRA) — 0 GW 5 VP — 0 VP
Congratulations to Merijn for his win of the German Draft Championship 2012. The seven boosters drafted were 2x Third Edition, 2x Sword of Caine, 2x Third Edition and 1x Black Hand (in that order), resulting in a large number decks playing Black Hand, and especially Seraph tech (read: Tattoo Signal).