Cel·er·i·ty [sɪˈlɛrɪtɪ] — Noun
Celerity from Old French celerite, from Latin celeritas, that is from ‘celer’ meaning ‘swift’.
Here are the results of “Fee Stake: Frankfurt” VtES Draft tournament in Frankfurt a.M., Germany after 2 rounds and the final. The tournament was played on December 30th, 2010 with 10 players participating. Here are the standings after the final round:
1. Joscha D. — 1 GW 4 VP — 0.5 VP — Jack Drake & Friends Open War
2. Robert F. — 1 GW 3 VP — 0.5 VP — Ventrue antitribu something ..
2. Rudolf G. — 1 GW 2,5 VP — 0.5 VP — Lasombra & Friends Steely Tenacity
2. Alexander T. — 0 GW 2,5 VP — 0.5 VP — Tremere Steely Tenacity
2. Ralf L. — 0 GW 2 VP — 0.5 VP — Gangrel feat. Dimitra Monkey Wrench
Congratulations to Joscha for his victory in the tournament. Draft basis were 3x Twilight Rebellion, 2x 3rd Edition and 1x Keepers of Traditionboosters. In addition, there were some special rules in effect (making the event a non-rated one):
- Due to time constraints, the time limit for each round was limited to 90 minutes only. Despite this in 5 games there were 3 game wins.
- There were six (local) Fee Stakes available (see below), each with its own card text. Before each round from these six two Fee Stakes were given to each of the tables and placed in the middle of the table. Every Anarch (with capacity above 4) could take an action to acquire one of the Fee Stake in the middle of the table. If the Fee Stake is voted down, or the current Baron of a particular Fee Stake is burned or removed from game, the Fee Stake card is moved back to middle of the table.
Some smaller and bigger changes to a number of internet presences for VtES have happened this week.
- First of all LSJ (the current/former VtES game designer) has announced that he’s moving away from the VtES Usenet Newsgroup and will use the Board Game Geek (BGG) website for answering rules questions (and similar stuff).
- Johannes Walch (VEKN Chairman) has announced that the new VEKN website is (almost) finished now. Currently only the event calendar and the rating system application is missing from the website, but the VEKN team is working on it, hoping to make it publicly available soon. The site currently offers:
- a forum for VtES related discussions
- the rulebook, a rule reference , the card rulings, etc.
- a comprehensive list of expansion card lists
- a web interface for the VtES IRC Channel (#vtes)
- Sadly also two UK websites (Anarch Freepress and Powerbase Bath) are down for the moment, but it seems Team UK is working on bringing those two back
In summary check out two of the currently most important VtES internet presences:
As you know, the V:TES North American Championship 2011 will be held
at the Origins gaming convention. The least expensive way to purchase a convention badge is with early bird registration. Origins ‘Early Bird Registration‘ is now available online and has been extended until January 15th, 2011. If you are coming to Origins and/or the North American Championship, you reallyneed to save yourself the $20 and do this before January 15th, 2011.
For·ti·tude [ˈfɔːtɪˌtjuːd] — noun
- Strength and firmness of mind
- Resolute endurance
Fortitude derives from Latin fortitūdō, meaning courage.
“Remember that the goal of the game is to win by taking the most VPs, not by making the player to your left the most miserable.” — The Lasombra
Reference: VtES Usenet Newsgroup