During GothCon XL on March 26th, 2016 the Swedish VTES EC Qualifier was held in Gothenburg, Sweden with 16 players from 4 countries (Sweden, Portugal, Germany and the UK) attending the qualifier tournament. The final standings were as follows:
1. Hugh Angseesing (UK) — 1 GW 5 VP — 3 VP — Daughters/Toreador antitribu Bleed
2. Kari Hyll (SWE) — 1 GW 5 VP — 1 VP — Ventrue antitribu Powerbleed
2. Carlos Santos (POR) — 1 GW 4 VP — 1 VP — Tzimisce Vote/Wall
2. Randal Rudstam (SWE) — 2 GW 9 VP — 0 VP — Malk/Nos/Assamite Dem S&B
2. Rudolf Garski (GER) — 1 GW 5 VP — 0 VP — Goratrix & Friends Wall
Congratulations to Hugh for his win of the Swedish ECQ 2016.
On April 16th, 2016 the VTES Northwest NAC Qualifier was held in Seattle, Washington with 10 players attending the qualifier tournament. The final standings after 3 rounds and finals were as follows:
1. John McGlynn (USA) — 1 GW 5.5 VP –0.5 VP — Weenie Animalism Wall
2. Kelly Schultz (USA) — 1 GW 4.5 VP –0.5 VP — Baali Striga MMPA
2. Kevin Mitcham (USA) — 0 GW 3.5 VP –0.5 VP — Rachael Brandywine Madness Network
2. Brian Moritz (USA) — 0 GW 2 VP –0.5 VP — Big Cap Lasombra Vote & Bleed
2. Darby Keeney (USA) — 0 GW 3 VP –0.5 VP — Big Cap Vote & Bleed
Congratulations to John for his win of the Northwestern Qualifier 2016.
Here are the results of the VTES Constructed tournament “Salinencon 2016” in Bad Nauheim, Germany. The tournament was played on April 9th, 2016 with 8 players participating (the multi-deck format was used). Here are the standings after 3 rounds and the final:
1. Martin S. (GER) — 2 GW 5 VP — 1.5 VP — Adana & Friends Vote & Bleed
2. Sebastian M. (GER) — 1 GW 4 VP — 1.5 VP — Lazvernius & Friends Wallish (“Houston Under Siege”)
2. Alexander T. (GER) — 2 GW 6 VP — 1 VP — Saulot Anarch Wall
2. Ali A. (GER) — 1 GW 4 VP — 0 VP — Dmitri Borodin & Friends Wall
2. Rudolf G. (GER) — 0 GW 2 VP — 0 VP — Montano Purge & Mind Rape
Congratulations to Martin for his victory in the tournament.
The VEKN has released a statement regarding the next VTES expansion (again based on PDF) on April 10th, 2016. But read for yourself:
Mike Nudd and I just had a lengthy Skype call where we went over design goals for the next set and started on card design. The next set will be Bloodlines-themed and we’re aiming for around 50 cards, focussing mainly on the following clans:
- Blood Brothers
- Harbingers of Skulls
- Salubri anitribu
We may make cards for other clans as space permits. We know you want all the things and we’d like to make all the things, but to do that would probably mean about a 100-card set, which we don’t have the playtest and artist resources for. We’ll focus on the Bloodlines clans that need the most help for this set, and we’ll circle back and cover the remaining Bloodlines clans in a follow-up set.
Crypt-wise, we plan to address mainly Group 6 crypt needs, but other groups are likely to get treatment depending on need. Library-wise, we’ll have a better idea how many library cards per clan to expect as we get further into the design process, but something like “a few”.
The design of this set has nothing to do with anything Paradox/White Wolf may have planned — we have no information pertaining to that. We’re just going to carry on with designing cards as normal until we’re told to stop or told to do something different.
We’re planning to start playtesting in mid-May, with a release date of November-ish. More details to come as we figure them out!
— Ben Peal, V:EKN Design Team
.. when you’re playing Shattering Crescendo, you already need the second copy of Shattering Crescendo in your hand and you cannot rely on drawing a second copy of the card as replacement for the initial Shattering Crescendo? The reason is, that you need to be able to pay the “cost” of the card when announcing the action. This comparable to not being able to play an action card that costs two blood when you only have one and/or having the weapon in your hand when you’re playing Concealed Weapon.
Reference: [LSJ 2010-08-02]
On March 11th -13th, 2015 the Hungarian VTES Grand Prix 2016 was held in Budapest, Hungary. Three VTES tournaments was played during the event, two constructed and one draft tournament.
On Friday 11th, a VTES draft tournament was played with 30 players participating in the tournament. The final standings after 3 rounds and a final were as follows:
1. Helmuth Kaiserseder (AUS) — 3 GW 10.5 VP — 5 VP
2. Martin Weinmayer (AUS) — 3 GW 9.5 VP — 0 VP
2. Vratislav Kucera (CZE) — 2 GW 6 VP — 0 VP
2. Franz-Stephan Adametz (AUS) — 1 GW 7 VP — 0 VP
2. Gábor Martók (HUN) — 1 GW 6 VP — 0 VP
Side note: I’d really like to know what the heck Helmuth has drafted, winning all four games of the tournament!
On Saturday 12th, the Hungarian ECQ 2016 was played with 51 players attending the qualifier tournament. The final standings after 3 rounds and a final were as follows:
1. Maxime Socroun (FRA) — 2 GW 8 VP — 4 VP — Lutz & Unmada Stealth Vote
2. Péter Botos (HUN) — 2 GW 6 VP — 0 VP — Al-Muntathir & Lydia G4/5 Bleed
2. Rudolf Garski (GER) — 2 GW 7.5 VP — 0 VP — Matasuntha Anarch Wallish
2. Bart Jansen (NED) — 2 GW 7 VP — 0 VP — Nosferatu G1/2 Royalty
2. Jonathan van der Smissen (BEL) — 2 GW 9 VP — 1 VP — Followers of Set feat. Nakhthorheb Stealth Bleed
The Hungarian Grand Prix 2016 tournament was played on Sunday, 13th with 45 players attending the tournament. These are the results after 3 rounds and the final.
1. Zsolt Cziráki (HUN) — 2 GW 7 VP — 0.5 VP — Akunanse Block & Combat
2. Selim Ammouche (FRA) — 2 GW 5 VP — 0.5 VP — Stanislava & Friends Vote & Bleed
2. Vratislav Kucera (CZE) — 1 GW 5.5 VP — 0.5 VP — Nephandus
2. Alain Greiner (FRA) — 1 GW 6 VP — 0.5 VP — Goratrix Wall
2. András Pataki (HUN) — 2 GW 6 VP — 0.5 VP — Lutz & Dmitra Stealth Vote
Congratulations to Zsolt, Maxime and Helmuth for winning the respective tournaments!
Among the stories’ passed around the fire at Sabbat esbats or at the communal haven are the exploits of the Black Hand Shakar known only as the Ebony Fox. Most stories identify the Fox as an Assamite of great skill and tenacity, with a quick wit and clever tongue. These stories typically feature daring escapes, dazzling martial arts and the gruesome details of the killings. The Ebony Fox has become a veritable legend, particularly among the assassin groupies who make collecting the known lore and tidbits about the elusive shaker almost an obsession.
In fact, the Ebony Fox is a creation of the Nosferatu antitribu known as Tarbaby Jack as a piece of Sabbat propaganda. Tarbaby’s greatest success came when the Camarilla Justicar Cock Robin declared a Blood Hunt on the infamous Ebony Fox after the Final Death of his mentor and sire, Petrodon. Needless to say, the Ebony Fox has thus far skillfully eluded all attempts to capture or destroy him. Tarbaby Jack, on the other hand, was recently elevated to dominion, and plans to do the same for the Fox, as soon as he comes up with a sufficiently spectacular story.
VTES Cards with reference to the Ebony Fox: