Along with the some Full Bleed cards (as presented on vekn.net) with an updated layout where presented and discussed, also a number of different variations of crypt cards. I’d like to summarize the different variations here, so you can see what cards could look like with different designs:
Most of the card designs have been done by selfbiased, but there were also some contributions by Damnans and Lönkka.
I don’t think there’s a single best layout out there. In the end it’s mostly a personal preference what looks good. The only thing I’d advocate is that the card layout should do its job, that is present the information of card (like clan, disciplines, special abilities, etc.) in clear concise way.
More Full Bleed cards on vekn.net. Again posted by selfbiased from both Danse Macabre and The Unaligned are shown, bu this time with two variants each:
Here are the results of the “Dreaming of My Scarlet Woman” VtES Constructed tournament in Bochum, Germany which was played on October 18th, 2014 with 14 players attending. The tournament was taking place during the Spiel 2014 Game Fair in Essen nearby. The final standings after two rounds and the final were as follows:
1. Erol H. (GER) — 1 GW 5 VP — 2.5 VP — Lasombra/Kiasyd S&B feat. Guillaume Giovanni
2. Rudolf G. (GER) — 1 GW 4 VP — 1 VP — Anson Infernal Pursuit
2. Ralf L. (GER) — 1 GW 3 VP — 0.5 — Ventrue/Ventrue Antitribu Grinder
2. Martin S. (GER) — 1 GW 4 VP — 0 VP — Nosferatu Royalty & Friends Vote
2. Klaus B. (GER) — 1 GW 3 VP — 0 VP — Malk ’94 Stealth Bleed
Congratulations to Erol for his victory in the tournament. You can find the final standings in the German VEKN forum.
.. you are able to play more than two Striga (and Maleficia likewise) (pseudo-)discipline cards on an infernal vampire? While the other discipline cards cannot be placed on a vampire with the superior version of the given discipline as per card text, the Striga card lack this text and therefore don’t have this restriction. So, if you have a pile of Striga or Maleficia cards in your hand, you can splash them on your infernal vampires, giving them five or six of these each if want to to.
The VEKN just published the designers’ diary entry for October 2014 on vekn.net. This time the next (yet unnamed) expansion is briefly discussed. But see yourself:
I had a fantastic weekend at the European Championships in Mannheim. Many thanks to everyone who attended — it was great seeing you all! Many thanks to the hosts, as well!
At the EC Mike and I gave a presentation and Q&A session for the new expansion, The Unaligned. By now you’ve all seen the cards, but here are some additional announcements from the presentation:
- The next set, due in October of 2015, will be Anarch-themed. It will be 50 or so cards in size. We’re strongly considering Bloodlines for 2016.
- Playtesting for the next set will start in November. Please talk to Playtest Coordinator Hugh Angseesing (Squidalot on vekn.net) if you’d like to be a playtester.
- If you have ideas for Anarch cards, or any other cards, feel free to post them in the Expansion Sets & Card Ideas forum on vekn.net. We do read that forum — Illusory Resources from The Unaligned was directly inspired by a post there.
- An even better way to try out card ideas is to run a Storyline event! They get your ideas out there and tested in actual games. Talk to Storyline Coordinator Mike Nudd (mikelosaurus on vekn.net) if you’d like to do this.
- We’ll be releasing some overdue Storyline reward cards sometime in the next several months. This will include older Storyline events, such as the Battle Lines event, and the Budapest EC Storyline. We’ll also be reviewing the crypt cards from The Returned event for possible approval in sanctioned tournaments. We don’t have an exact release date for these as they’ll need testing and we’ll need artwork for a couple of cards, but we’re hoping to have them ready by February.
- We’re very grateful for all of the work that our artists have contributed. I highly recommend checking out their other works in their portfolios. Most of them are available for commissioned work, and some have prints and original pieces for sale. You can find the list of artists and links to their online portfolios here: http://www.vekn.net/vekn-artists
That’s all for now! Have a great weekend!
– Ben Peal and the V:EKN Design Team
Here are the results of the poll on what the focus of the next VTES expansion should be. 93 votes have been cast in the poll by the readers of the blog and this final result:
- Bloodlines — 25.81% — 24 votes
- The Camarilla — 19.35% — 18 votes
- Laibon — 15.05% — 14 votes
- Imbued — 13.98% — 13 votes
- Allies — 8.6% — 8 votes
- Something else / nothing sect related. — 8.6% — 8 votes
- The Sabbat — 5.38% — 5 votes
- Independents — 3.23% — 3 votes
It’s quite interesting to see that the Bloodlines garnered the highest vote count, even though the last official expansion by White Wolf was Heirs to the Blood, which featured the Bloodlines clans. Also quite interesting is the renewed interest in the Camarilla. There are already plenty of group 5 Camarilla vampires around, and but he lack of group 6 vampires for the Camarilla as well as the fact that Keepers of Traditions and Twilight Rebellion have been published six(!) years ago.
P.S:. I just saw the Designer’s Diary for October, and it seems that the next expansion is focused on Anarchs ,, obviously one option I had not offered in the poll. Will to better next time.
Today on vekn.net one of board member, self biased, has posted another round of his his full bleed card design. This time vampires from both Danse Macabre and The Unaligned are shown. Really nice to behold: