Over my – admittedly short – VtES drafting experience I came up with the following priority list for drafting. Of course I adjust my behaviour to the expansions that are drafted. For example, 3rd Editionhas an abundance of equipment to draft, so I lower the priority of drafting those.
- Pool Gain — Tribute to the Master, Enchant Kindred, Kings Rising, Consanguineous Boon.
- Untap — Zillahs Tears, On The Qui Vive, Danse Macabre.
- Permanents — Combat Shotgun, Laptop Computer, Guardian Angel.
- Ousting — Conditioning, Kindred Spirits.
- Stealth — Lost in Crowds, Rapid Change.
- Intercept — Enhanced Senses, Instinctive Reaction.
- Combat — Pushing the Limits, Claws of the Dead.
In terms of drafting vampires I tend to draft small- to mid-cap vampires, since pool management is usually a problem (i.e. the ability to “recover” the blood from the vampires to your pool). But I pay special attention to the vampire’s special abilities. “Malgorzata“, being a 9-cap vampire, has a great special for draft — being able to (indirectly) generate 4 pool with a built-in +1 stealth action.