Take a shot/sip when …
- .. your card gets canceled (DI/Sudden/Wash).
- .. your vote got delayed.
- .. combat is canceled (Mirror Walk, Change of Target, Obedience, ..)
- .. you got bled successfully for more than four.
- .. a minion is burned by Archon Investigation.
- .. you do something else as first activity other than untapping in your untap phase.
- .. you control the Edge and you lose it to your predator (makes the endgame also quicker ..)
- .. your action got blocked by a player other than your prey or predator (undirected action).
- .. your action got blocked by a player other than the target of your action (directed action).
Take two shots/sips when …
- .. someone has to remind you that it’s your turn.
- .. you double your pool (or more) with a single action or a single master card played/used.
- .. a vampire is burned in combat or diablerized.
- .. a minion you don’t control plays Voter Captivation or is refilled with Giants Blood.
- .. you forgot the Edge, Hunting Ground, .. or any other beneficial, but optional effect.
- .. you take pool damage by a political action you’re calling (includes Lutz as your predator, Ancient Influence, etc.)
Take three shots/sips when …
- .. you oust somebody other than your prey (excluding yourself).
- .. your prey is ousted when it’s not your turn (includes Fame, using Enkil Cog, ..).
- .. you diablerize (or otherwise burn) a vampire you control.
Empty the bottle or glass, when
Here’s a reader’s digest of silly rules questions (yes, there a few), that have been asked in the VtES Usenet Newsgroup.
- As all the Daughters of Cacophony are female, may a male vampire Clan Impersonate into that Clan ?
- If my prey has not discarded anything yet, and has Huitzilopochtli in play with 1 blood and a 10 counter Call the Great Beast, can I Temptation him, then add a counter to the Beast, choosing Bardo, Mortis, and… umm… I dunno, Hypothermia? Just to make sure that I don’t accidentally give him a discipline that he can use?7
- Why is it “Rat’s Warning”, but “Cats’ Guidance”; shouldn’t it be “Cat’s Guidance” as well?
- I know it’s of no real importance at all, but it keeps nagging in the back of my head: how do I pronounce “read” in Read Intentions?
- Is the Inner Circle a Circle? It shares the same card text area as the regular BB circles; the only difference is a period.
Here’s an easy template to follow for building fatty decks these days:
- Pick 12 vampires, which ..
- .. have a 8+ capacity,
- .. have a title worth 2 votes or more, and/or
- .. have a cool special (if no votes, the special has to be cool and powerful).
- Build Mastercard section
- Add Actions, but only those an 8+ cap should be doing:
- Add 2 Mind Rape or 10+ Govern if you play Dominate, nothing else matters for Dominate actions.
- Add 2-4 Entrancements for stealing allies if playing Presence. Don’t hesitate to do it crosstable. Either the target is ousted soon or he’s sitting next to you quicker than you think.
- Add Action Modifiers, the necessary evil:
- Add some sort of stealth(ish) cards to your decks (Presence, Thaumaturgy, Obfuscate, Protean, ..), but not too much. Focus on payload, not delivery.
- Have some untap (Freak Drive or Forced March) if possible.
- If Presence is present, add 7 Voter Captivation. If not ask yourself why your vote deck doesn’t pack Presence. Your vampires must have awesome specials.
- Core Business: Politics. Politics can’t be bounced.
- Keep your Reactioncard section slim
- Why bother with reactions? Reaction cards don’t oust. OK, Deflection does, but with the pool gain your deck is sporting, every reaction card is a waste.
- Second Tradition: Domain is somewhat acceptable. See also the comment on Princes and Justicars above.
- Avoid Combat
- Even worse than Reaction cards. If any, stick to Strike: Combat Ends and (preferably) untap.
- Unavoidable Events
Kind of boring ??? It becomes so fast.