For some, the term isn’t enough. The elders have instituted the Red List, a list of thirteen vampires (and other creatures), whom the elders desire to be brought down so that all Kindred are reminded that no one escapes their reach. Such is the penalty for making an elder remember what it was to be afraid.
The alastors have point in the hunt, matching their potency, experience and resources against the red-listed anathema. When hunters and hunted collide, it the shapes the course of the Eternal Struggle.
Kindred Most Wanted (KMW) is the eighth expansion of White Wolf’s trading card game Vampire: The Eternal Struggle released on February 21, 2005. The expansion’s theme are the most wanted vampires (kindred) who appear on the so-called Red List. These vampires are also called Anathema. The vampires whose duty it is to hunt down and destroy the Anathema are called Alastors. The boosters also contain a number of cards which are related to the Independent clans (e.g. Assamites or Ravnos), continuing the support for these started in the Final Nights expansion.
Part of the expansion are 4 different pre-constructed decks with 89 cards each as well as boosters with 11 cards each (7 common, 3 uncommon, and 1 rare). There is a total of 150 new cards, i.e. 50 new common, 50 uncommon (=Vampire) and 50 rare cards. The pre-constructed decks are:
- Alastors — vampires on the red list
- Anathema — hunters of the Anathema
- Baali — clan of infernalist vampires
- Gangrel antitribu — left out in earlier expansions where the Sabbat clans were featured
The vampire Echo (also included in this set) was given as a promo card in a number of trading card magazines.
- Redlist — A vampire with the Red List trait (i.e. he’s on the list) can be attacked by other vampires more easily.
- Trophy — If a vampire burns a red list vampire he gains a trophy, a powerful artifact or ability.
- Blood Curse — The Blood Curse no longer affects the members of the Assamite clan by default; only those vampires with an explicit card text are affected.
- Infernal — vampires with the Infernal trait now have to pay for untapping during the untap phase. Before this expansion these vampires had to pay for not tapping after the mandatory untap.
- Abominations — A new vampire clan which consists of werewolves who also became vampires. Abominations are both Sterile and Scarce.
- The expansion introduced a number of ways to create progenies (younger vampires) for the independent clans (Waters of Duat, Tumnimos, Web of Knives Recruit).
- Sudario Refraction — allows the player to retrieve cards from the ash heap, although at the cost of losing cards randomly from his hand.
- Disengage — allows a vampire to avoid an “Immortal Grapple” by the opposing vampire during combat.
- Mata Hari — a Ravnos vampire who can play clan-specific cards as if she belongs to these clans
- Enkidu — a very old vampire of clan Gangrel antitribu whose combat abilities are unmatched.