The Elders Awaken
To Reclaim Their Blood
Gehenna (G) is the seventh expansion of White Wolf’s trading card game Vampire: The Eternal Struggle released on May 17, 2004. The expansion’s theme is Gehenna, the vampires’ prophesied Armageddon . White Wolf also published in 2004 a series of books named Time of Judgement for its fictional game world World of Darkness. The book Gehenna within the Time of Judgement series describes different Armageddon scenarios which effectively ended the Vampire: The Masquerade storyline. VTES did not follow this timeline, but only included various events which signify the apocalyptic end of the world in this expansion.
This expansion only consists of booster packs with 11 cards each (7 common, 3 uncommon, and 1 rare). There is a total of 150 new cards, i.e. 50 new common, 50 uncommon (= vampires) and 50 rare cards. The event Anthelios, the Red Star (not included in this set) was given as a promo card in a number of trading card magazines.
- Events — a new card type which affects all players significantly, not only the controller or target of the card as usual.
- Dragonbound — an event that forces a player to pay 1 pool for each vampire in torpor each turn.
- Unmasking — an event that gives all allies in play +1 intercept.
- Mylan Horseed (Goblin) — an ally which can untap older vampires.
- Una — a vampire of clan Gangrel antitribu which clan play Fortitude cards for one less blood, i.e. allowing her to play the card Freak Drive for free.