Ancient Vampire Awaken
Will they be their clans’ salvation
or their destruction?
Final Nights (FN) is the fifth expansion of White Wolf’s trading card game Vampire: The Eternal Struggle released on June 11, 2001. The expansion’s theme are vampires of the Independent clans, thereby continuing the support for these clans started in the Dark Sovereigns and Ancient Hearts expansions. The name Final Nights derives from the belief of the vampire society that Gehenna, the apocalyptic end of the world, approaches anytime soon.
Part of the expansion are 4 different pre-constructed decks with 89 cards each as well as boosters with 11 cards each (7 common, 3 uncommon, and 1 rare). Final Nights is one of the larger expansions with a total of 386 cards including 162 new cards, i.e. 54 new common, 54 uncommon and 54 rare cards. The pre-constructed decks are:
The vampire Fatima al-Faqadi (also included in this set) was given as a promo card in a number of magazines. All of the vampires released in the Dark Sovereigns and Ancient Hearts have been reprinted in this set; there were also new vampires for the independent clans.
- Charisma — a Master card reducing the cost to play allies or retainers for a given vampire.
- Creepshow Casino — a Master card giving stealth to undirected actions without any further requirements or disciplines.
- Draba — a reaction card reducing the stealth for a current action to zero, regardless of the amount of stealth played before.
- Enticement — an action card requiring Serpentis that allows direct pool (life) damage without bleeding the opposing player.
- Jake Washington (Hunter) – a Master card that turns in an ally when played.
- Week of Nightmares — a Master card enabling a powerful ability to bleed for the Ravnos clan although with drawback in the long run.
- Goratrix — a Tremere antitribu vampire, the arch-enemy of Etrius of clan Tremere.
- Pochtli — a Giovanni vampire able to put cards back from the ashheap (discard pile) to the library.
- Tariq, The Silent — an Assamite vampire.with great fighting skills and capable of committing diablerie without having to fear reprisals.