This is the event report from the „Ascension of Caine“ as it was played in Bochum, Germany on July 9th, 2017. This report was written and compiled by the organizer of the tournament, the Prince of Bochum .. many thanks to Hardy for writing this stuff. (Also published earlier on vekn.de)
1 Gerhard R. — 1 GW 4 VP — 148 TP — Nosferatu Multi-act Toolboxy Bleed prominently feat. Cock Robin & Baron Dieudonne
2 Michael H. — 1 GW 4 VP — 90 TP — Ravnos Bleed & Equipment Illusions prominently feat. Ankla Hotep
3 Jan S. — 0 GW 1 VP 112 TP — Toreador AAA prominently feat. Anneke, Alexandra, Anson, & Masika
4 Ralf L. — 0 GW 0,5 VP — 82 TP — Ventrue Old School Law Firm prominently feat. Arika, Democritus, the three G1 Princes, & Wilhelm Waldburg
The Management Summary
One after another, they trickled into the city…. smuggling easily hidden weapons into town… and some of their clan’s most prized artifacts… all preparing for the arrival of their leader Ankla Hotep. The Ravnos planned to end what they considered just an illusion held by the Camarilla: Berlin was to be free.
But they did not go unnoticed: The Nosferatu caught on to what was happening, and rallied the Ventrue and Toreador to the cause. For a brief, but bloody time, Berlin was the center of attention for various Justicars, Princes, and even Inner Circle members, trying to thwart the incursion.
As so often with these nightly wars, after the first successes against the common enemy, there was a large amount of inter-Camarilla backstabbing: Trying to go unnoticed in the chaos, not only did the Nosferatu secretly settle some old grudges with the mighty Ventrue, but also the Toreador managed to have Wilhelm Waldburg, the Prince of Berlin, “accidentally” be killed by one of the Archons present in the city.
In the end, after a desperate struggle, the invading forces managed to scatter the defenses of the Camarilla, beginning with the death of Cock Robin, Justicar of the Nosferatu: The Ravnos might also have lost their leader, Ankla Hotep… but they had broken a hold the Camarilla had had over the German capital for long decades. The Ravnos had ousted the Camarilla from the city of Berlin!
… or had they?
Underground, in a well-hidden bunker, an obese, ugly creature sat, its pale mottled hands typing data into a state-of-the-art laptop. A large spreadsheet showed on the screen. One last number, one return key…. then the result was displayed on the screen. The creature bared a set of crooked, very sharp teeth… and smiled an ugly smile.
Players, Results, Decks, & Prominent Vampires
- 1. Gerhard R., VEKN ID 3820003, 1 GW, 4 VP, 148 TP:
Nosferatu Multi-act Toolboxy Bleed prominently feat. Cock Robin & Baron Dieudonne
- 2. Michael H., VEKN ID 3840064, 1 GW, 4 VP, 90 TP:
Ravnos Bleed & Equipment Illusions prominently feat. Ankla Hotep
- 3. Jan S., VEKN ID 3620007, 0 GW, 1 VP, 112 TP:
Toreador AAA prominently feat. Anneke, Alexandra, Anson, & Masika
- 4. Ralf L., VEKN ID 1003376, 0 GW, 0,5 VP, 82 TP:
Ventrue Old School Law Firm prominently feat. Arika, Democritus, the three G1 Princes, & Wilhelm Waldburg
The event was played in a format of 3 rounds, without final.
- Round 1: Nosferatu (1,5 VP) -> Ravnos -> Toreador (0,5 VP) -> Ventrue (0.5 VP)
- Round 2: Toreador (0,5 VP)-> Nosferatu (2,5 VP, GW) -> Ventrue -> Ravnos
- Round 3: Ventrue -> Toreador -> Ravnos (4 VP, GW) -> Nosferatu (table sweep with 1,5 minutes left on the clock)
Most important locations, equipment and allies
- The Ravnos brought a large and colorful supply of equipment to their attack on Berlin – some real, some only there in the minds of their opponents: Wooden Stakes, Garrottes, Pier 13, Deer Rifle, Blade of Enoch, Karavalanisha Vrana, Treasured Samadji.
- The Ventrue managed to control, and use to good effect (to threaten with, or to actually do damage), the Island of Yiaros in all three rounds.
Most unusual or unexpected actions
- Anneke called a Judgment: Camarilla Segregation, due to which a by then bloodless Ankla Hotep was burned.
- Anneke was selected as target for a Toreador Justicar vote (to allow the player to cycle cards and use a Voter Captivation) – which then just confirmed the title she already had.
- Cock Robin, who in his efforts to block the Ravnos was torporized with a Mayaparisatya, was diablerized by Salbatore Bokkengro.
- Wilhelm Waldburg attempted to aggressively bleed the Toreador, who used an Archon Investigation to burn him.
- Democritus, using the Island of Yiaros, torporized Masika.