Even though the members of the Black Hand are often isolated from another and work alone, they have some basic organizational structures. But because the Black Hand’s member are so scattered within the Sabbat own organization (not to speak of the secretive nature of the Black Hand), the Black Hand’s own groups and ranks are often only temporarily given/set up.
Here’s a short list of the the ranks and groups within the Black Hand.
- The Kamut is the basic unit of the Black Hand’s operations. It is like a temporary Sabbat pack, with a different terminology to clearly distinguish it from the ordinary Sabbat packs that Black Hand operatives are also part of. A permanent Kamut would be called Column.
- Cadets are trainees of the Black Hand. They have been accepted as candidates, but they’re not yet initiated into full membership in the Hand. This puts them even lower in rank than a rookie.
- A Rookie is a member of the Black Hand who has participated in less than three missions. They are the newly initiated members of the Black Hand, formally known as Mustajib (“deserving ones”).
- “Shakar” (pl. Shakari) is the formal (Assamite) term for an assassin, but among the younger operatives of the Black Hand, slang terms such as “eraser”, “hit man”, and even “terminator” have become equally popular, particularly among those who do not actually function as assassins themselves.
- Removers are the brute strength and paramilitary muscle of the Black Hand, the Cainites whom the dominion can point at an obstacle and simply tell them to “remove” that obstacle.
- A Watch Commander, also known as “Field Marshall“, is an intermediary rank within the Black Hand. He is the leader of the Black Hand operations in a given territory.
- A Second serves a Dominion or Seraph as his trusted right hand and second-in-command (a Seraph’s second has the rank of dominion), whose responsibility it is to see that her supervisor’s orders are carried out.
- Dominions compose a permanent rank between the Seraphim and the rest of the Black Hand members. The dominions are the senior executive officers, the mission commanders who oversee anything from a small operation involving only a single Kamut to a full-scale siege.
- A Seraph (pl. Seraphim) is a Black Hand general, who answer only to the Regent of the Sabbat, and who collectively has absolute authority over all members of the Black Hand. The office of Seraph was created in honor of the fallen Assamite warrior, Dastur Anosh.
- Black Hand on White Wolf Wikia