Lately there have been some questions regarding Epiphany on VEKN.net, and therefore here are some questions and answers regarding the card:
- Question: Can you search for an advanced vampire even though the vampire performing the Epiphany has no Advanced vampire?
- Answer: Yes, you can cycle a card this way. This is similar when you’re playing Magic of the Smith and miraculously “fail” to find an appropriate equipment in your library. Refer to VEKN.net.
- Q: Can I move an unmerged vampire from the uncontrolled region to the ready region and merge them in the same influence phase?
- A: No, you can’t. The uncontrolled vampires with enough blood on them to be moved to the ready region, become controlled at the end of influence phase and then it’s too late spent four transfers for merging them. Refer to VEKN.net.
- Q: Can you add Legendary Vampire to a vampire that has been merged last turn?
- A: No, you can’t since merging a vampire is not the same as moving a (new) vampire from the uncontrolled to the ready region, that is the unmerged version has been in play for at least two turns already. Refer to VEKN.net and [LSJ-200305019].
- Q: An unmerged vampire Sebastian Goulet (Sabbat) becomes Independent and Anarch. What sect does he have when I merge him then?
- A: He becomes Sabbat again, because in case of conflicting traits, etc. (in this case Independent vs. Sabbat) the advanced version applies in full after merging. Because of changing sect, he also loses his Anarch trait. See [LSJ-20090706].