After assembling the list of cards that reduces cost for cards requiring disciplines, I stumbled upon a list of allies that can use vampiric disciplines. All of these allies can only play these disciplines at inferior level, which significantly reduce the effectiveness, but once in a while it can prove useful addition, e.g. for the Infernal Servitors, the Tunnel Runners or the Rock Cats ..
- Ananasi Vampirephile— can play (basic) Animalism cards
- Tunnel Runner — can play (basic) Animalism cards
- Alia, God’s Messenger — can play (basic) Auspex and Obeah cards
- Nosferatu Bestial — can play (basic) Animalism cards
- Grey Thorne — can play (basic) Celerity & Potence cards (as Anarch)
- High Top — can play (basic) Celerity cards
- Samuel Haight — can play (basic) Celerity & Thaumaturgy cards
- Reanimated Corpse — can play (basic) Fortitude cards
- Marijava Thuggee — can play (basic) Obfuscate cards
- Talaq, The Immortal — can play (basic) Quietus & Thaumaturgy cards
- Herald of Topheth — can play (basic) Potence, Presence & Daimoinon cards
- Ghouled Street Thug — can play (basic) Potence combat (strike) cards
- (Blood Brother Ambush) — can play (basic) Potence cards
- Rock Cat — can play (basic) Potence cards
- Akhenaten, The Sun Pharaoh — can play (basic) Necromancy cards
- Nephren-Ka — can play (basic) Necromancy cards
- Rafastio Ghoul –can play (basic) Thaumaturgy cards
- Infernal Servitor –can play (basic) Obfuscate & Daimionon cards
- Impundulu — can play cards requiring Flight
A few allies have quite unique capabilities, when it comes down to playing cards requiring Discipline:
- Bima — you can choose a discipline card from your hand to put it on the Bima.
- Shadow Court Satyr (Changeling) — you put any combat card (including those requiring one discipline) on the Shadow Court Satyr, which he can use during combat .
In particular, I think the allies which can play cards requiring inferior Potence got a little bit screwed with the introduction of Target Vitals. Why bother giving an ally Potence, when the any ally is able to inflict +2 damage using Target Vitals?
But there are a few other means to enable allies to play cards requiring disciplines, but often these are restricted to the duration they can play these cards or the time when the ability to play discipline cards is bestowed.
- Bestow Vigor — can play (basic) Fortitude for the remainder of the turn.
- Ghouled — can play (basic) Potence cards after a mortal ally has been recruited.
- Pressing Flesh — can play (basic) Fortitude (after being revived).
- Leech — can play (basic) Potence cards for the remainder of the turn.
- Putrescent Servitude — can play (basic) Potence cards (after being revived).
These restrictions (along with the card slots required for playing these cards repeatedly) are usually the reasons why you don’t see these cards in VTES games very often. Although there a few decks out there which might be not tier-1 material for tournaments but still fun to play.
- Pressing Flesh by Samuel Guilbault— this deck uses Pressing Flash to bring back Escaped Mental Patients (although technically there are no Fortitude cards in this deck).
- Nephandi Leech by Roberto Venturi — as the name suggested the Nephandi are using Leech to suck life/blood and use Horseshoes to do further damage.
Please let me know, if missed any of these allies or cards that allow allies to play cards requiring disciplines ..