A badass isn’t someone wears ripped leather jackets, a badass isn’t someone who breaks stuff to look tough, and a badass isn’t someone who fights for the fun of fighting. That’s the definition of a poser. Being a badass is completely different.
- First rule of being a badass. A badass does not talk about being a badass. Period.
- Second rule of being a badass, a badass does not try to be a badass or look tough. A badass simply is a badass.
- A badass stays true to themselves, always. This means being themselves for themselves, and not being fake to impress others.
- A badass does not give up. Badasses will always push themselves for the better, no matter how hard it gets.
- A badass is not a jerk. A badass does not prey on the weak, and shows kindness in return to those who are kind.
- A badass knows his/her limits. Don’t be stupid, you’re not Superman, you’ll die if you jump off a building.
- A badass does not make enemies or go looking for fights. They do not fights that aren’t worth fighting either.
Any breaking of these rules is grounds revoking of the status of being a badass. If this happens, a badass must once again prove they are worthy of being badass by following the rules. A badass can only be determined by the opinions of others.
— As seen on Urban Dictionary.
Now replace “badass” with good player and you’ve got a perfect definition for that as well!