Here are the decks of the Bochum VtES League 2012 from the meeting on August 3rd, 2012 (the next prey is from top to bottom), with some quick remarks about the decks being played that evening.
- Hardy — Cesawayo & Friends Aye Wall — with one transfer Neighbour John was the obvious first vampire to show up. And right from the beginning he began to harass his prey and predator by continually blocking. And with Martin occupied with Ralf’s numerous minions Hardy could build up his resources (like putting multiple Ayes and a gun on Cesawayo), but lacked enough punch to reduce Sascha’s pool significantly. Ceswayo’s greatest coupe was taking control of Sascha’s Escaped Mental Patient and torporizing the recruiting Malkavian antitribu.
- Sascha — Malkavian G2/3 antritribu Bleed /w Escaped Mental Patient — feared Didi’s back rush capabilities (w/Deep Song) and with a lack of stealth performed a number of undirected actions, which allowed in turn Hardy to block with either Cesawayo or Neighbour John. He got under great pressure (and never really recovered) after Hardy stealing his Escaped Mental Patient and Vasantasena got torporized from that same Patient. In the end he was lucky to stay in the game.
- Didi — Cailean & Friends Ani/Gun Rush/Wall — had a very slow start especially after being bled for 5 in a turn and couldn’t manage to grab enough intercept for blocking the Malkavians antitribu behind him. But threatening to rush backwards kept his predator at bay during the midgame. Eventually Didi had all the necessary resources (Mark V, Nosferatu Kingdom, Tier of Souls, ..) on his minions at his disposal, but at that point the game was almost over.
- Ralf — Giovanni G2/3 Shambling Hordes — very reasonable start with a lot of minions (and no pressure from his predator for most of the game), but then having a bit of trouble to deal with the weaponary popping up left and right in the mid-/late game. But then he managed to finally oust Martin with around 10 minutes on the clock.
- Martin — Assamite Black Hand Toolbox — initially had to suffer from repeated blocks of his Reunion Kamut by Hardy. Only in the mid-endgame the Assamites could get a Gun and Sport Bike, but a Tattoo Signal (or two) were sorely missed. But with a wall to the left and a rush deck to his right, the deck had trouble showing his potential. In the end, the one gun and one intercept didn’t turn out to be enough to hold the Shambling Hordes and their Giovanni master at bay.
Result: Ralf 1.5 VP, Hardy 1.5 VP, Sascha 0.5 VP, Didi 0.5 VP