The latest version of the VtES deckbuilding utility Sutekh has been released last week (on Feb. 29th, 2012). Sutkeh version 0.8.1 is a minor update which fixes a critical issue with updating the card list from the vekn.net website (caused by a change in the character encoding used by vekn.net).
Current Version: 0.8.1
Author(s): Sutekh Development Team (hogdestar & nitwit)
Homepage: Sutekh on Sourceforge
Description: According to the developers, Sutekh aims to be the Swiss army knife of VtES card management applications, but it is somewhat awkward to use in the first place when you’re used to FELDB or ARDB, mostly because the overview pane for the cards is missing. Also there’s no distinction between library and crypt cards, and card lists, decks, collection inventory, etc. are done by so called card sets and are treated the same way.
- Card List & Inventory
- complete card list with card texts.
- complete collection of pictures of actual cards (although not always the latest version of the card is used).
- basic ability to filter, but sorting cards and an overview list (spread sheet style) is lacking.
- card inventory, even with ability to store information on cards originating from different expansions.
- statistical analysis on decks, cardsets, clans, etc.
- Deck Building
- offers the basic functionality of a deck builder.
- includes some statistical information about the decks as well as card drawing simulation.
- ability to store decks in native format (*.xml).
- ability to export data for FELDB (*.eld), ARDB, Secret Library, Lackey, JOL (*.jol), as well as CSV file or for use in forum (BBCode).
- Other Features
- decks and collections are named card sets and are essentially treated the same way.
- uses card database from VEKN website.
Cost: free software
- Linux (Fedora & Ubuntu)
Expansion Updates: n/a
Expansions: all VtES expansions.
Latest Posting: 29/Feb/2012
More info on the release cam be found on vekn.net and the Sutekh webpage on SourceForge. Issues with the program may be reported by emailing “sutekh /dash/ users (/at/) lists (/dot/) sourceforge (/dot/) net”.