As in the previous years the German National VtES Championship tournament takes place in Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany on weekend December 5th to 6th, 2009. The two day event consists of two tournaments, the German Draft Championship (played on December 5th, 2009) and the German (Constructed) Championship (played on December 6th, 2009)
- A draft event will take place on Saturday. Winner will be awarded with the German Draft Champion title of 2009.
- Sunday will be devoted to the German Championship — please note that you will not have to qualify for this event. The Top 5 players will automatically be qualified for participation in any Continental Championship in 2010.
- The event will take place on the 5th and 6th of December in DasHaus in Ludwigshafen am Rhein. Amongst European players this location is well-known due to the numerous events such as Qualifiers and Nationals which took place there in the past. It offers more than enough room for about 100 players in two different rooms. Drinks will be available on location.
- German Draft Championship: Draft from 9 Boosters
- German Championship: Standard Constructed, detailed rules can be found at VEKN Rules website.
- Saturday (Dec, 5th) – German Draft Championship
- Registration 10:00 – 11:00
- Draft & Decklists 11:15 – 12:15
- 1st Round 12:30 – 14:30
- 2nd Round 15:30 – 17:30
- 3rd Round 17:45 – 19:45
- Finals 20:00 — 22:00
- Sunday (Dec, 6th) — German Championship
- Registration 10:00 – 10:45
- 1st Round 11:00 – 13:00
- 2nd Round 14:00 – 16:00
- 3rd Round 16:15 – 18:15
- Finals 18:30 – 20:30
- 5 EUR admission fee for both days + cost of cards for the draft (about 20 EUR)
- Traditionally, numerous Christmas fairs take place in neighboring cities like Mannheim or Heidelberg during December. These not only feature traditional German treats, but also souvenirs and the famous “Glühwein” (mulled wine).
More Details and Registration
- German VtES Forum (requires registration)
Address of the location