After having presented twelve decks of the month in the past year here’s the inevitable poll for you to pick the Deck of the Year 2008 (see sidebar on the right). Please observe, that the initial choice of these decks were driven not by any wanna-be-objective-here motivation, but by my (likely flawed) preferences for originality of deck design, for audacity to play such a deck in a tournament environment or for the skill to pilot such a crappy deck to the tournament win (or final).
So the winner for the Deck of Year 2008 is current leader in VtES world ranking list, Orian Gissler (aka TTC Master. Congratulations to Orian for building and winning with this deck. Unfortunately for Orian, there is no actual prize support for this “award” other than your five minutes of fame. Here are decks that made it the top three of the list:
- Khazarghoulator by Orian Gissler (FRA) — a fusion of “Khazar’s Diary” & “War Ghoul” decks.
- Enkidu Brinkmanship by Ira Fay (USA) — “Enkidu” with “Raptors” enforces a “Brinkmanship“.
- Assamite Anarch Council by Robyn Tatu (USA) — The Assamite Anarch vote deck that later won two main events at the NAC 2008.
The complete results of the poll look like this:
- Khazarghoulator — 38 (18%)
- Enkidu Brinkmanship — 25 (12%)
- Assamite Anarch Council — 24 (11%)
- Mummy Strength! — 19 (9%)
- Lots of Babies — 17 (8%)
- Nosfe-Rat-Tools — 14 (6%)
- Nocturn Twins — 14 (6%)
- Hektor Multi-Rush — 13 (6%)
- Toreador Quintuple-A — 11 (5%)
- Cats and Dogs — 6 (2%)
- Children of the Damned — 5 (2%)
- Akunanse Trophy — 4 (1%)