I’m not a good player, I just like the game mechanics and original deck engineering. When I go to tournaments ’round the world I’m always ousted because of stupid mistakes or because I keep trusting deceptive people (but this is my own business ;) )
This thread is about one of the worst vampires in the game : Arika.
- Because you can be her prey.
- Because this vampire is grossly overpowered. You pay 11 pool for a vampire that should cost 14.
- Bcause her special will screw most decks by pure luck. Creepshow Casino + Hungry Coyote, bye bye…
- Because people play her as the Malkavian Inner Circle, since unlike Leandro she has DOM/OBF.
- Because every round I play in a tournament, she’s on the table. Boring.
- Because I want to actually burn her each time she plays Obedience on my Thetmes. (next time it’ll be Ur Shulgi)
- Because she’s minion tapped for 10 and then Queen Anne plays 5th Tradition cloaked in the labyrinth.
- Because other Inner Circle suck in comparison.
- Because when Arika is around, there is no place for imagination. Obedience and Govern the Unaligned all the way.
- Because Ventrue should not have an easy access to Obfuscate? Barring Suhaila and her funky disciplines =)
- Because I love every other vampire except her. And Lambach. And Queen Anne. And Meschenka. And Smudge. And all the bad vampires that ruin my tournaments
Reyda quoted from his 2002 posting “I hate Arika” (original post in the Usenet newsgroup).